We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

I thought I had it all figured out and had even "attempted" to purchase GEX tickets online with the promotion code a couple weeks ago, which for some reason never went through or got charged to my card. Now I see that the promo has been cancelled. Perhaps that's why it didn't go through at the time.

So scratch those plans and begin anew. If we take the FCC from Gatwick to Waterloo (we're staying at County Hall), which route do I go, and also is it fine to wait and buy the tickets at Gatwick or should we reserve ahead of time? Our plane lands at 10:30 a.m. or thereabouts.

Thanks!

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

CORRECTION - Our plane lands around 7:30 a.m.

Sorry about that.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

FCC trains go from Gatwick to London Bridge - from there you can walk to Waterloo or Waterloo East stations then on to County Hall, but it might just be easiest to get a taxi from London Bridge to the hotel, esp after a long flight.

You'll not need to buy tickets in advance, as there shouldn't be any problem getting them at LGW station. I would say that if you're coming in on a weekday, don't hurry through passport control and baggage collection, as the trains will be chockablock full until about 0900, when rush hour traffic will slow down.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

As TP said, I would seriously advise you to wait until at least 9, maybe later. FCC is a commuter train service and will be completely packed during the rush hour(s)

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

As an alternative, you can get the FCC train to London Bridge, alight at platform 6 and wait on the same platform (this won't be more than a few minutes wait). You can then get a train to Waterloo East (which is only one stop from London Bridge) - the final destimation of all these trains will be Charing Cross.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

That sounds simple enough. Thank you all for the advice!

6. Re: Gatwick to Waterloo via FCC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 18:18