We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 adults and 3 kids

Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
2 adults and 3 kids

First timers, all around. We will be in London, on the west side of the Paddington Rec Grounds from the end of March through Easter (arrive Tuesday noon-ish, leave for Cologne the following Tuesday am). Just wondering if anyone has run the 2.4.1 numbers for 2 adults, a 16, 12 and 10 year old? Seems like the 16 year old would be considered an adult? Trying to save myself some math...

We plan to hit the free stuff and a few of the tourist sights (Tower, either Hampton or Windsor, Churchill War Room). Oddly enough, I don't have a Harry Potter fan in the bunch. 16 year old is into military history -esp. WWI, 12 year old likes art and 10 year old wants to see soccer.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

11 replies to this topic
Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

At places operating the 2 for 1 scheme, you’ll have to pay for two adult tickets and one child admission.

https:/…terms-and-conditions

2. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2018, 06:35

London, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

Re any other advice, sounds like the 16 year old would love the Imperial War Museum. For the 12 year old as you probably know we have a huge abundance of art museums and galleries catering to most Art tastes. If you are unsure which ones to go to do let us know what art the 12 year old prefers and we can help make some suggestions. Regarding visiting a soccer match (football in the UK) it is very difficult to get tickets for most high level premier league games, also behaviour of some fans is sometimes questionable (think getting drunk and disorderly) so generally a lower tier match is more advisable. I'm not clued up to offer the best suggestions for football but I'm sure others around can.

Something else you might want to consider:

-Watching a musical. There are lots of family friendly musicals in the West End at the moment from Matilda to Aladdin to the Lion King, list not exhaustive. If you don't care which one you see go along to the Tickets Booth in Leicester Square on the day you want to go and see which musicals they have deals for. Otherwise purchase tickets in advance.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,530 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

Of course the IWM has some great art too, not to mention John Singer Sargent and Henry Moore....

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

Also the national army museum. And a trip to Portsmouth?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

I’m planning a trip also and we are history lovers.

If you are looking for more WW2 stuff, here are other things I have found while planning my trip... HMS Belfast is over by the Tower of London. Maybe a day trip to Bletchley Park. Agree with other posts about imperial war museum. There is also an RAF museum north of the city.

Also check out London Walks. They have a Blitz Walk and Westminster at War Walk... among many other awesome non war choices.

Art is easy, there are multiple free museums for that to choose from.

Edited: 21 January 2018, 20:26
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

Thanks for the advice everyone!

The 16 year old really wants to see Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome near Maldon in Essex. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen this trip unless we rent a car and we decide we are all willing to give up a day of London and vicinity. Anyone been? Is it worth the trip? Anything else to see nearby?

The 12 year old especially likes anime, but will be content with any art.

Since watching a pro game is probably out, the 10 year old would also like to play soccer with other kids. Any parks in particular where he could try to join a pick up game?

We are definitely going to see a musical and at least one formal tea is a must. Thanks again!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

Lots of good comics shops in London. Check out forbidden planet

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

It's football.

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,044 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 adults and 3 kids

If you say soccer to any Brit then they would know what you are talking about so don't worry about LCFC Foxes. He can gloat though as his team beat my team at the weekend.

There are open spaces in Hyde Park and Regents Park and I am sure he could join in if there is a game but be aware that those playing are as likely as not to be from a European school on a trip as English kids.

Reply to: 2 adults and 3 kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted