We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Gatwick

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Topic
Travelodge Gatwick

have a chance of a £15 a night room at the Travelodge Gatwick,It is just a stopover before trvelling on to Austria.Anyone stayed here or used the £15 a night savers in any travelodge.just want to know the pros and cons before booking

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

Hi

Not stayed at The Travelodge Gatwick but they are pretty standard wherever you stay. Quite basic, but clean and comfortable for 1/2 nights. I'd say many are not worth the full rack rate but the £15 or £26 rooms are a bargain! The only negative with the saver rates is they are non refundable so if you need to change or cancel you lose your money.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

unclegus, book it NOW!!

From bitter experience I have learned that if I think about whether to book a saver room and leave the decision overnight, then invariably that rate has disappeared!

marcus has listed the main downside ie it's not refundable. I have stayed in a number of Travelodges (but not Gatwick), and although some of them were a bit tired and worn, because I got them at saver rates, I really didn't mind!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

at £15 even if i do have to change ,it's hardly a big loss and it is for 2 of us.I think i will just book it.Anyone know about the hotel Hoppa bus,I believe it goes there and is £3 each way.going to cost almost as much for the bus as the hotel.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

took your advice folks and booked it.

£15 must be the cheapest hotel room i have had in about 30 years in Britain.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

Unclegus, the location of the Travelodge Gatwick is called Lowfield Heath, the downside to this location is aircraft noise, as its adjacent to the runway (south of the airport). A taxi ride would be £10-£15max to/from either terminal.

On the plus side, there is a decent-ish pub along the Charlwood Road, called the Flight Tavern, foods not bad either. Otherwise there is the Gatwick Manor further down the A23, which is a Chef & Brewer pub, foods ok there too. I have frequented both these pubs many many times for a liquid lunch! The flight Tav has a huge beer garden at the front too, great for aircraft spotters!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

If you type Travelodge Gatwick into Tripadvisor, you will find a linkage to the Tripadvisor reviews of the hotel. Click on the link for more detailed insights into these lodgings. You can then decide whether you really want to use their £15 nightsaver.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

Bojangles thanks for the info on local pubs,

Insightful as a member of TA and a local expert of some standing do you not think I would have checked out the reviews before I even contemplated staying there?The latest review gave it a complete thumbs down but the majority of the reviews were fine.I want a room for the night,I live in a city on a very busy main road i am used to external noises.I would rathere have a decent amount of rest before another flight than having to get up at 3.30 am in time to canch an early morning flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick to make my connecting flight to Austria,for £15 I would be happy with a tent on the runway.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

Sounds fair enough to me.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

bojangles,

Re those pubs. Are they walkable from the Travelodge and do they sell real ale?

Thanks.

Michael

London
Level Contributor
561 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge Gatwick

The Flight Tavern is 1.2 km from the Travelodge - or three quarters of a mile.

There's local bus 100 if you don't fancy the walk.

Timetable at www.metrobus.co.uk/timetable.php…