We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London 4 day itinerary

Maryland
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
London 4 day itinerary

OK, one week from today I will arrive in the UK, I'm so excited I can't stand it. We spend 4 days visiting family down in Kent, we plan to hit Canterbury and Rochester while down there. Then on the 23rd we arrive in London and stay until the 27th. This is our tentative itinerary, let me know if you think anything off kilter or undoable, any opinions are welcomed. This is my friend's first trip to London so we are hitting lots of the main sites, which I'm kind of looking forward to, living in the UK as a kid and again (briefly) as an adult I managed to miss a lot of the touristy stuff (I have the same problem living near DC, the amount of stuff I havent' seen is criminal).

Monday:

Arrive around Victoria around noon, taxi to the PTI County Hall, hopefully check-in.

Afternoon - either a bus tour and/or boat tour so friend can get a good glimpse of London. If the weather is good we'll probably hit the London Eye. We then plan to attend Evensong at the Abbey and do the London Pub Walk that evening.

Tuesday:

Westminster Abbey as soon as it opens, do the verger tour.

Walk by Downing Street, up to Trafalgar Square and down to Buckingham Palace.

Grab Lunch

Afternoon probably a trip to Greenwich if things time up right, if not then Harrods, F&M, etc.

Evening, dinner with a friend.

Wednesday:

Day trip to Windsor

Late afternoon is back-up if we can't do the Eye on Monday or Harrods, F&M shopping.

Probably another London Walk that evening.

Thursday:

He goes to the Tower, I go shopping (I've done the Tower before and I'm dying to go to Liberty).

Meet up for lunch near St. Pauls and tour St. Pauls.

Tea at The Wolsely (4:30)

Concert at St. Martin in the Fields (7:30).

Friday:

Fly home <sob> 12:30 out of Gatwick.

Hopefully we aren't overdoing it, I know we won't see everything but this will give him a good taste of my favorite city in the world.

Thoughts, comments?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London 4 day itinerary

Don't shout anything controversial as you pass Downing St. There's a lack of tolerance of free speech there, these days.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London 4 day itinerary

Is there something wrong with you? You haven't proposed to visit 16 places a day, a 500 mile driving trip taking in 5 different sights (and 5 towns on the way), omit lunch and dinner, or forget that you cannot travel between sites instantaneously.

Are you sure you are a proper tourist?

:-)

Have a great time!

USA
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London 4 day itinerary

It all looks great to me. Kudos for planning to split up for his Tower visit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London 4 day itinerary

Joe, your response made me laugh, I read some of the itineraries here and they make me tired. We'd rather go for quality rather than quantity. Plus if we squeeze too much in I'll get cranky and nobody wants to be cranky on their holiday .

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
126 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London 4 day itinerary

Great itinerary but give yourself some time to really take in St. Pauls. Its absolutely gorgeous & you must at least go up to the Whispering Tower (about 150-160 steps, so you get your cardio workout!).

Have a great time. I cant wait to go back!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London 4 day itinerary

Perhaps a play or musical on one of your three nights in London. Appreciate you're doing the classical thing by attending the St. M in the Fields recital. But you might also want to do the theatrical thing by attending a really good play or musical. Buy "Time Out" when you get to London for some up-to-date reviews of the shows and plays.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London 4 day itinerary

CheesyHokie: Looks all doable to me. Glad to see you include shopping on your itinerary!

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London 4 day itinerary

So, any thoughts - what was good, what was bad.