We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heathrow to luna simone??

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
heathrow to luna simone??

can someone give me directions? i prefer to take the hex and am also looking for the current code. is it better to go to pimlico or victoria station?

thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

The HEX is out of the way for Victoria, but you should take the journey you wish. Also, promo codes have been stopped for the GEX and HEX, so the least expensive fare will be that booked online.

From Paddington you should take the Circle line to Victoria station - the Luna and Simone is about a five to ten minute walk from the hotel, or you could take the number 24 bus a couple of stops. If you don't want to take the Tube to Victoria, you'll need to take a taxi or the number 436 bus towards Lewisham.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

i thought i read somewhere to take the hex to paddington, then paddington to victoria? if this is incorrect, i'll take whatever the best suggested route is.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

i also plan on getting a payg oyster, would it make sense then to take the tube from heathrow? what would be the route to take?

Indiana
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

bogdon - I think that is what TP was referring to - take the HEX to Paddington, from there take the Circle Line (tube) to Victoria station....

milesfaster.co.uk/information/heathrow-airpo…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

The HEX is an overground rail service from LHR to Paddington, and from Paddington to Victoria you need to travel seven stops on the Underground - it's a more expensive trip than taking the Tube all the way.

To get from LHR to Victoria on the Tube, simply take any Piccadilly line train leaving the airport, and at Hammersmith, alight from the train, walk across the platform (takes all of ten seconds) and get on an eastbound District line train. Sit towards the rear of the train, as that's where the way out is at Victoria.

From the Underground station, look for Wilton Road to Gillingham Street; turn right there and walk a short distance to Belgrave Road. Go left on Belgrave Road, and the hotel is a couple of minutes along from there.

Indiana
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

the link I gave you gives you the Underground information as well -

this link shows you underground maps, etc.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

as you can see there are multiple ways to get from one place to another! :)

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

i can use my oyster for this?

Indiana
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

for the tube? yes - you are using the PYG Oyster

HEX and Heathrow Connect - you need to purchase separate tickets for those. (here is the link for the rates)

milesfaster.co.uk/information/heathrow-airpo…

Indiana
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

(oops - guess I already gave you that link - sorry for the double info)

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: heathrow to luna simone??

thanks for everyone's help :)