We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beads & gems in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beads & gems in London

I already know the Bead Shop in Covent Garden, plus Covent Garden Market - but does anyone know of any good places to buy beads, gemstones, findings etc. for the custom-jewellery maker?

Am going to London again this September, and would really appreciate any tips. :-)

Kirsten

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beads & gems in London

Is the bead shop still there in Covent Garden? I remember one on Neal Street, but that isn't open any more.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beads & gems in London

Not central London this, but out in Zone 6 - The Bead & Jewellery Shop in Crown Road, St Margaret's, which is half way between Richmond and Twickenham, near Marble Hill Park. I went a couple of years ago - they have a very good selection of findings. A shortish walk from St Margaret's Station (rail, but you can change from the District Line at Richmond).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beads & gems in London

http://www.londonbeadco.co.uk/ (Kentish Town tube - ideal stop off if going up to visit Highgate Village and/or cemetery.)

If you Google "London bead shops," you'll find even more places...

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beads & gems in London

Don't know if it's still there but...I remember going into a bead shop on Portobello Road. I don't remember the name but I was just coming from Books for Cooks, so it's near that area. I thought they had an interesting selection.

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beads & gems in London

Sorry I should have done this first....I located the bead shop I just mentioned on streetsensation.co.uk

It's called Lyndon's. On the corner of Portobello Rd and Blemheim Cresent in Notting Hill.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beads & gems in London

Theres a bead shop near Libertys, about a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus but unfortunately I can not remember the name of the street.

Maybe try google.

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beads & gems in London

Thanks peeps..... very helpful! Though, not helpful for my wallet, I guess :-)

Yes, the Covent Garden shop is still there - they have a very good website too!

Kirsten

8. Re: Beads & gems in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 04:15