We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

I would like to know if I can use my credit card to purchase the London Pass and Oyster card at the airport or only cash is accepted. Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

Are you sure you want to purchase a London Pass? I know it works out better for some people, but definitely is not good value for others, so make sure to do your calculations, based off what you plan to see/do.

But yes, should have no problems using credit card to buy either.

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

Noted with thanks. Will probably get a 2-3 day pass only.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,364 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

From their website

You can buy the London Pass (without the transport element) at the British Hotels Reservation Centres at Heathrow , Stansted and Gatwick airports; the Transport for London Information Centre at Heathrow; or the Hotel and Travel Reservation desks at Gatwick South, Luton and Stansted.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,095 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

I am sure they will take cards. I'm not so sure that getting the pass will be a good idea for you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
780 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

The 2 or 3 day passes are almost always not good value, they work out best for a solo traveler on a longer trip as the pounds per day amount comes down.

If you’re going to buy one, consider buying online and getting the mobile version. They almost always have a sale going on. I checked their website and saw 20% off. I’m sure they’ll have a new sale in June

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

Thank you for the info @Charlie.

@RojBlake & @dalej42. It costs a bomb really for 2 day pass @.@ but I will try to explore other options. Thanks for the heads up.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

When will you be in London for? If there's two of you, you may wish to check out the 2 for 1 deals (but depends when you are going).

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

@breath will be in london this sunday until thursday

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport

In that case, yes, may be worth looking at those 2 for 1 deals (if there are 2 of you). If you're on a computer, there are threads about them under 'Top Questions about London'. Alternatively, I haven't looked around online much, but there may be other deals online as well.

Have a wonderful trip! London is great! :)

Reply to: Purchasing London Pass and Oyster card at the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted