We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teddington

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
58 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Teddington

Hi everyone

Can someone tell me how to get to Teddington. It's where my dad was born and grew up and I want to go visit his old house. I think it's near Richmond so I'm guessing I'll need to use National Rail. I'll be staying in Gloucestor (sp?) Rd area. Thanks BB.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teddington

Yes, you'll need to use a mainline train - no tube to Teddington unfortunately. I would suggest getting the District line westbound from Gloucester Road to Richmond (not all trains go to Richmond - the District line has a few different 'branches' - so check the front of the train / the boards for the destination) and then the mainline from Richmond to Teddington. You can look up times on www.nationalrail.co.uk, but they're pretty frequent.

It should take about 25 minutes from Gloucester Road to Richmond, then about 10 minutes from Richmond to Teddington.

The other option is to go into Waterloo and get on a train there, but that's going backwards and I doubt that it would be any quicker (probably 15 minutes to Waterloo from Gloucester Road and then 30 minutes on the train from Waterloo to Teddington - and that might be optimistic!).

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teddington

Good info from Vicki - if you have the road name, I can give you directions from the station.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
58 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teddington

Vicki - thank you for the helpful info

Valise - thank you for yr kind offer, but I haven't got the actual address yet.

BB

4. Re: Teddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 06:22