We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millennium Dome hotels

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
375 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Millennium Dome hotels

I'm going to London to see Prince (the artist once more known as) in August and I wondered if someone could recommend a hotel within walking distance of the former Millennium Dome (now the 02 Stadium?

Many thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

There are not a lot of hotels near the O2 Arena, unfortunately. The closest one is the Holiday Inn Express, on Bugsby's Way, a bit of a long walk or short bus ride. There is an Ibis on Stockwell Street, but it's a long bus ride to the arena.

You may have to look at hotels north of the river: there's an Ibis near Canary Wharf and another near the ExCel Centre (I think there's a Holiday Inn near the centre, as well). You could try the Travelodge in Docklands or at London City Airport, although the latter really is a hike from the arena.

The Holiday Inn Express in Stratford sounds like it's too far to be of any use, but Stratford is on the Jubilee line, so it's a straight shot from there to North Greenwich for the arena. Worth considering, I think.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,741 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

A couple in Greenwich itself that are worth considering - The Novotel and Davenport House. The 129 and 188 buses will take you to the front door.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
375 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

Thanks, both, for your suggestions - really helpful. I presume it would be easy enough to get a taxi from the Dome to any of these hotels - I don't really fancy taking public transport late at night.

Thanks again!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in December 2009. It was very good and only a ten minute walk to the 02 which is an amazing venue. Nice clean room and a good choice for breakfast. It's a safe walk as well and know problem when you come out after the concert and when you see the line for the tube you will be glad you stayed this side of the river

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

If you really don't want to use the tube after the concert, make sure you stay south of the river, it would be a long taxi ride to any of the Docklands hotels or Stratford.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,287 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

I dare say the OP has been and gone (since 2007). Unless Prince is the artist now in residence at 02....

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

Reported as self-promotion

8. Re: Millennium Dome hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 02:16