We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Sunny Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Hi, need help on how to book the above hotel on-line.

Will be in London for a week. For the 1st part of my journey (8th to 11th June), we'll be putting up at Darlington Hyde Park. On 11th morning, we'll check out and make our way up to Nottingham for meet some relatives then returning to London only on 13th June morning. Our flight's on 14th June.

We want to book our last night in London at the Travel Inn, County Hall since it comes so highly recommended and it's right on the South Bank. Reckon if we put up there, we can go around taking some night shots of London town before we depart.

But can't seem to find any deals on this hotel anywhere on the usual expedia or hotel.com. Will anyone help? Wanna check in 13th to 14th June (1 night). Much Appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Try their web site:

www.travelinn.co.uk

or for a good discount (& comparison) try

www.londontown.com

Sunny Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Gee thanks. That's fast. Thank you. Have you stayed there yourself? What's your take on it?

Well, it's fully booked on the date I want - they gave alternative Travel Inns - any good ones to recommend?

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

i have stayed in the one at putney bridge.

It is quite nice and a decent location with good comunications by train and bus into town.

Sunny Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Hi brusselboy,

I saw the offer of TravelInn, Putney Bridge but I can't locate it on the tube map. It's near Canary Wharf - where is that? Could you advise? If County Hall's really full, I may have to seriously consider alternatives. And how much did you pay - they're advertising at 90pounds for a twin sharing room. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

No haven't stayed there but came close to booking it this trip as a choice for staying beside the Thames, it looks really nice.

FYI....London fills up pretty quickly in the summer any normal year, 2005 is the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII so expect more people to be visiting this year. May 8th is the kick off point.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

Almost forgot......there are two hotels in County Hall, the other is the Marriott. If you want the location, try that one.

London UK
Level Contributor
405 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

The Travel Inn, Putney - is next to Putney Bridge tube which is on the District line - the west side of London, Canary Wharf is located in the east side of London.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

I stay in the County Hall Travel Inn every time I go up to London as you can't beat the price (should be ��84.95 for weekdays and ��82.95 for weekends), the location and the hotel standard for the money.

Its right next to the London Eye, Dahli Museum, Saatchi Gallery, London Aquarium and across the bridge from Westminster.

The rooms are large and spacious and all the same price.

As a tip - if you are a couple and they aren't showing any double rooms add a child to your numbers and they may have a family room - they just have a sofa bed as an extra (nice to relax on too!!)

Sarah

London
Level Contributor
884 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

For hotels of similar price and standard, also consider Travelodge http://www.travelodge.co.uk - they have regular promotions and it's possible to get rooms on certain nights for GBP 26. Best location with them seems to be Covent Garden.

Other reasonably priced chains include Ibis, Novotel and Accor.

If you don't mind being in from the river a bit but still within easy reach of County Hall etc, consider Days Hotel Waterloo, which is a 10-15 minute walk from the river. daysinn.com/DaysInnUK/…

It's around GBP 67.50 a night.

Sunny Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to book Travel Inn, County Hall?

thanks for all your tips, am still on the 'prowl' for a reasonable deal. :) now, looking at the Grange Holborn website - apparantly they have late-room deals...hoping to get it (only 80-pounds!).