We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to allow at...

Maine
Level Contributor
275 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to allow at...

I am trying to work out schedules for me mum and me-self (yeah, I'll blend right in) for a week in June and I was hoping to get advice on how much time to allot for a few sites.

Kew Gardens

Hampton Court

Tower of London

Windsor Castle

St Pauls

I have more outside of the city but I'll post in another forum.

Thank you

Buckingham Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Gardens
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,052 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to allow at...

Roughly, half a day each, plus travel time, which more or less makes it up to a day in some cases (HCP, Windsor).

The exception is St Pauls - say a couple of hours. Depends how much you like wandering round churches, castles, gardens...... You may be bored after 20 minutes.

Colorado USA
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to allow at...

Hi there, DH and I just got back from London. We spent 6 hours at Hampton Court, 4 hours at Tower of London and 3 hours at St. Paul's Cathedral. These times don't include travel to and from the attractions. I think it depends on how thorough you'd like to tour the places you mentioned. We took advantage of the audio tour as much as possible, along with guided ones when available. The costumed guides at HCP were fun, we combined it with the audio tour as well.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to allow at...

You may choose to give yourself a whole day at Kew. It takes a while to get there (not ages, but a while!), and then there are so many amazing glass houses and different areas to explore. It's easy to wander all day, enjoy a picnic or buy some food and then you might be a bit knackered, and head back to your hotel.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time to allow at...

MrNjorl: If you like to take lots of photos, you could up spending even more time at the various attractions.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time to allow at...

i think its reasonable to do WIndsor and HCP together, in a day.

Maryland
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time to allow at...

You can do Windsor and be back in the city by 1:30pm if you are efficient. We took the 8:28 from Paddington, were there when they opened the gates at 9:45 and caught a 12:30 train back to Paddington. We saw just about everything including the changing of the guard. We didn't have time to visit the town though but we had to get back for a 2:30 Verger Tour at Westminster. If you'd like to see the town or Eton definitely plan on an entire day.

St. Pauls can be done well in 2 hours if you don't plan to climb up to the galleries, if you want to do that add at least an hour on.

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How much time to allow at...

Including travel time 6-7 hours each for Hampton Court and Windsor Castle.

Tower of London 4 hours, maybe longer if you are like me and can stare at the jewels all day long, going round and round on the people mover.

St. Pauls 2-3 hoursmax

Kew gardens- 2 hours max

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,249 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much time to allow at...

Just shows that we are all different. I could easily spend most of the day at Kew and yet could wizz round St Pauls in an hour!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,052 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much time to allow at...

Unless you are jogging round, I doubt you'll see much of Kew in 2 hours. If you are not interested in plants and trees and gardens, then its not worth going...

10. Re: How much time to allow at...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 21:19