We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thistle Kensington? Is there a catch?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thistle Kensington? Is there a catch?

I am quoted 75 GBP per night for a double room. It claims to be a 4 star hotel and the website is Londontown.com, Do you think I can safely book this?

It sounds too good to be true...what is the catch?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thistle Kensington? Is there a catch?

Did you check the reviews?

Probably no catch - I once got the Hilton Hyde Park for GBP44.00 on hotels.com - its just the way the market goes!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thistle Kensington? Is there a catch?

Thistle has three hotels with the name Kensington in them -- Kensington Gardens, Kensington Park and Kensington Palace. It would be helpful to know which one you are talking about.

I have had a single room at the Thistle Kensington Gardens for under GBP30. So I am not terribly surprised at the rate you got. This chain uses pretty aggressive pricing to fill all its rooms. I'm guessing your rate doesn't include the 18% VAT or breakfast.

Some people might consider 4 star a bit of a stretch for these hotels, but whether it is a low 4 star or high 3 star, it is still a great rate.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thistle Kensington? Is there a catch?

Well, I booked it for a grand total of 264.37 GBP for 3 nights. No breakfast but I really feel like that is a good price based on everything else I checked out.