We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th June TALF Meet - The details

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
25th June TALF Meet - The details

After much use of pie charts and consultation of crystal balls, the June TALF meet has been determined.

The date: Monday June 25th from 7.00pm

The place; The Blackfriar, 174 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4.

Directions: Leave Blackfriars station via the exit towards Fleet Street. It will either be in front of you when you climb the steps or across the road from you. (it's easy to take the wrong exit.)

Those expected to attend: Bedlace, Adamhornets, TravellerPlus (who were all at the very first pub meet over two years ago), bookwoman, kayb, kumiankka, Cherhesl.

As always locals and visitors are more than welcome to join us; indeed the more the merrier. Please post below or e-mail me at adamhornets@yahoo.com for more information

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

I'll be there with bells on!

Ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

Rats !!! I won't be arriving in London until June 30th (staying until July 10th). After several visits to London, I was hoping to finally catch one of these TALF pubs, but it looks like bad timing again.

j

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

There may be a meet in early July so don't despair! I will start a fresh thread asking for dates in due course.

Milwaukee...
Level Contributor
137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

I plan to be there so make sure the TALF sign is visible :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

I think that will fit into our plans quite nicely. I haven't been to Blackfriars is a while. :o)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

Brilliant stuff. Alternate directions: the number 11, 23, 15 buses towards St Paul's or Liverpool Street; alight at Ludgate Circus and walk towards the river on New Bridge Street. Or the number 45, 63 or 100 bus from Southwark for them who's coming from sarf of the river.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

This is soooo cool!

Husband and I will be in London from 21 - 27 July. If you guys are meeting up then, will most prob join you guys - if we're not at a show! :-)

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

"it's easy to take the wrong exit."

I have never made it to the pub on the first or second try. Even looking at the map, …tfl.gov.uk/Download/… I don't know whether you are better off with exit 2&3 or exit 1, not that I could find either exit. I assume station signs do not mention exit numbers. Maybe I am better off in Iowa that night.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

hoogo,

But is Iowa better off with you?

jade,

You typed that you will be in London in July but did you mean June which is when our meet is?

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 25th June TALF Meet - The details

"But is Iowa better off with you?"

I hadn't thought of hitting up all the people that would pay to get me out of town. Maybe I can afford London.