We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

We are coming to london in August and have to choose good hotel in good location. We can pick between london bridge hotel, Holiday inn London Regents Park orPark Inn Hyde Park. Is anyone familiar with these hotels? I already read the dirt on them from trip advisors.

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

From a location point of view I'd choose Hyde Park

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

Definately Hyde Park first choice, followed by Regents Park and then finally London Bridge.

For location that is... London Bridge is a very nice area but its in the business district and not as much to see as in Hyde Park where you're next to everything.

Have good trip and if there is anything else you'd like to ask, go ahead.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

it seems like hyde park is the place to be. I have heard about how everything is so expensive for Americans in London. Are there any factory outlets near London that would be good for shopping?

Thanks for all your help, I am able to help anyone with questions about NYC.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

Factory outlets tend to be located in out of town sites well away from London. A couple can be reached by train but would take up most of the day.

Of the hotels you mention The London Bridge is by far the best one so do consider it. The area may not be for everyone but it's becoming more fashionable, tube links are decent and you have Borough Market, Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe, The Tower of London and Tower Bridge all within a 15 minute walk.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

If you want to buy clothes that are cheap you could try Primark, they have an enormous store on Oxford Street.

The nearest out of town shopping outlet would probably be The Galleria in Hatfield, Herts. It takes about 20 mins from Kings Cross station in London, and then probably a cab or bus ride.

The website is:

https://www.thegalleria.co.uk/home.aspx

Hope this is of some help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

I can highly recommend Bicester Village www.BicesterVillage.com for fabulous outlet shopping. Bicester Village is situated near Oxford and can be reached by car (M40 Motorway - Exit 10) and by Chiltern Railways train from London Marylebone. It makes for great shopping and a great day out.

Amongst the many designer outlets, there are Aquascutum, Burberry, Celine, Dior, DKNY, Dunhill, Gieves and Hawkes, Hackett, Jaeger, Max Mara, Nicole Farhi, Polo Ralph Lauren, Pringle, Ferragamo, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace to name but a few.

And when all that shopping gets too much you can recharge your batteries with a nice cup of coffee and a bite to eat in Starbucks or Carluccio's and then do some more shopping. I just love it there. Enjoy :-)

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the Burberry Factory Shop on 29 Chatham Place, Hackney. I last went there a year ago, is it still there?

8. Re: need london expert to help us chhose hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:24