We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

We will be in London for three nights early July - the first night is reserved for recovering from jetlag - the other two open to enjoy what the city has to offer to an adult with a sixteen-year-old and a fourteen-year-old. Any nightlife suggestions that would suit us?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

Teenage boys are an unknown quantity to me - so thank goodness others are a bit more au fait with them, what they like to do and what they don't like to do. Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2h2x58 for some hints.

I think there is an indoor go-kart track near King's Cross - your two might like the idea of it. Try www.theraceway.net - zoom zoom.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

Although it may make some adults shudder, there's nothing many teenagers like more than going to Funland in the Trocadero centre (arcade games, air hockey, dodgems (bumper cars), bowling, dance machines, generally lots of noise and flashing lights!):

londontrocadero.com/venues/entertainment.html

Set yourself a financial limit though because, with many of the arcade games costing £1 minimum each go, it can really mount up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

Agreed- My boys loved the Trocadero at that age.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

You sixteen year old could get a legal drink with a restaurant meal in London. For details click the UK Visitors' Guide link at www.fancyapint.com. I suggest this mostly to irritate the abstinence crowd: I would not have bought my own son a beer at age 16.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

They might appreciate an evening of cultural enlightenment in the Soho area! Or for a cheaper, less tackier version, Browns of Shoreditch will provide some interesting entertainment for your young gentlemen!

:-))

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

Dicanio - Shoreditch?!! - theyre 16 & 14!!!!

There is a teen disco scene going on in London, that would seem to be more appropriate than Shoreditch (or Soho)!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

I just remember what I was like and what kind of entertainment I wanted to find when I was 14 LOL!

8. Re: A memorable night in London for teenage boys - suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:20