We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using London Pass

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Using London Pass

Is the London pass the same as a ticket to an attraction? In other words, may we just walk to the entrance with the pass, or do we need to show the pass at the ticket booth and receive tickets to then enter the attraction?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using London Pass

bump

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using London Pass

I'd also like to know how the London pass works. So I can decide if it's worth it to purchase one.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,631 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using London Pass

According to their website "...the London Pass allows you to skip long and frustrating queues at the busiest tourist attractions, including the Tower of London, London Zoo, Kensington Palace and London Aquarium. Simply look for the London Pass signs and show the attendant your London Pass - they will swipe your card through a special London Pass reader and you will be allowed entrance."

Having said that it is quite possible that at some attractions you will have to stand in the same line as everyone else. There have been loads of London Pass users who have posted here on TALF and hopefully some of them will be here soon to answer.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using London Pass

I have used the pass several times - at the Tower, you walk right to the entrance, they swipe your pass, and then you go in. There was no line at Kensington Palace or Windsor Castle, so I can't tell you if you can bypass the lines. If there is a line, one person stands in line and the other walks up to the door and asks about the policy for the London Pass. They should just let you right in. Summer is a pretty busy time, so they may have signs posted when you get there. I was there in April, and only at the Tower did we have any kind of a line at the ticket booths, but we were able to walk right in. We walked right in everywhere else.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Using London Pass

Re the Tower, other people have said that there are now extra booths so the queues have been 10 minutes or less

AND now that www.2for1entry.co.uk has been updated for the year 2007 & 2008 there's even less need to prebook

6. Re: Using London Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 22:17