We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubts with three hotels

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Doubts with three hotels

Hi!

I am going to visit London with my girlfriend for 3 days in July! I found a great bargain at Ibis London Wembley (35 pounds per night), Ibis London East Barking (40 pouns per night) and Ibis London Stratford (43.5 pounds per night).

I would decide for the first one because I cannot spend so much money so I would like to ask about the hotel and the area. Is it safe? Is it near to any tube station? I know it´s a bit far away from the city centre but we will buy TravelCards. Would you stay here or the other two hotels mentioned are much better?

Any information will be much appreciated! Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubts with three hotels

You don't mention when exactly in July you are here.

Quick check on Travelodge shows some £15 rooms in their central hotels and a scattering of £26 ones too for later in July.

A combo of those and maybe one full priced room should give you accomodation at a more central location pretty competetively.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubts with three hotels

Thanks for your quick response! I arrive on July, 20.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubts with three hotels

It looks like you could get the Travelodge Covent Garden for 49 GBP, which is a terrific rate in a great location--as central as you can get. But yes, more than you are hoping to pay. Check out their website (travelodge.co.uk). Others on this forum have suggested the Crestfield Hotel as a good budget hotel: it is a decent enough location.

You might also consider trying Priceline.com's name your own rate website. I think you might be able to get a very good hotel room in a central location for around $70-100 U.S. Priceline is not for everyone, but I am a recent convert after having won some very nice hotels for very cheap, which is what you want of course if on a budget.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubts with three hotels

Easyhotels.com are giving a price of 105gpb for three nights at their Earl's Court Hotel for those dates, or for 122 gbp you can get three nights in Victoria. Any good?

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubts with three hotels

The Ibis London Wembley is near Wembley Park tube station in Zone 3 on both Jubilee and Metropolitan lines. The extra money you will spend on getting into Central London with fares, should be put towards a hotel in a more central location.

Wembley is a relatively safe area - it is where the new football stadium is. You can be in city centre in about 35-40 minutes. There are a few restaurants around but nothing much else.

Try the other peoples suggestions and find something more central.

Is the rate at Ibis London Wembley per room or price per person.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubts with three hotels

Travelodges are superb - they are very clean and all are modern.

For trips to London i would say do Romford Central Travelodge - its a 20 mins train ride to central LDN but for £15 its a bargain!

The central london travelodges full up really quickly, so get your skates on for Covent Garden travelodge!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubts with three hotels

Thanks for all the replies! I will check them out!

8. Re: Doubts with three hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 19:17