We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

Hi, we are going to London this weekend and staying in Covent Garden. Can anyone recommend any nice family restaurants in the area - budget of around £15-£20 per head. All types considered, (apart from fast food places). Thanks

Texas
Level Contributor
782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

We've been to Porters Restaurant several times and have never been disappointed it is on Henrietta Street very near the Covent Garden Piazza. They have a website where you can check the menu and it would fit into your price range.

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

I ate at Porters this past May an enjoyed meal. I saw plenty of children there and it appeared to be family friendly. The prices weren't too bad for a meal in London. I had the Buckinham meat pie which was delicious.

London
Level Contributor
450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

I always opt for Belgo's Centraal. Great pots of small, juicy mussels with lovely Belgian chips served with mayonaise and ketchup (£10.95)

They have several promotions this June including Lobstermania (£15.95 for a 1lb. lobster), beat the clock dinner deals and good lunch deals. My absolute favorite is their kids offer where TWO kids eat free when an adult order a main meal.

Plus a wide variety of beers and yummy desserts. Nice creme brulee.

Do get a reservation if you are there for a weekend. Also the restaurant bit is underground in a cavern and gets really busy so try to get there earlier if you could.

www.belgo-restaurants.com

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

Porters gets my recommendation, too. We had a nice meal there last month for a decent price. The staff are very cheery. Excellent puddings.

Durham, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

Thanks to all your suggestions. Porters looks the job, and the family agree. I'll let you know how we get on. Thanks again.

6. Re: Family Restaurants near Covent Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:15