We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street markets

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Topic
Street markets

I can't believe that in 3 days time we will be winging our way to London. Last minute request. My 16 year old daughter is looking for clothes at street markets. She is into pop culture, cute clothes, nothing vintage or grunge, no body piercing or goth, definitely no antique clothing. Which markets would you recommend and on which days.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street markets

Spitalfields market on a Friday - nice jewellery, cute handbags.(Liverpool Street tube).

Have a great trip!

http://www.visitspitalfields.com/

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street markets

I wouldn't suggest street markets for your daughter - I'd say she'd be better off trawling the high street fashion stores on Oxford Street: Topshop, Primark, H&M, Mango etc etc.

Many have a jumble sale/market quality anyway in that you have to hunt for the good stuff and stock changes every couple of weeks.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street markets

Or go to TX Maxx - lots of brands at discount prices

(That sounded like an ad for them!)

London
Level Contributor
450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street markets

Portobello market on Friday morning, Ladbroke Grove end. Take the tube to Ladbroke Grove.

Although saying that, the clothes at Primark (Marble Arch) and H&M are probably slightly cheaper.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street markets

Copy model Kate Moss and also go to a shop: Cornucopia in 12 Upper Tachbrook St (nearest underground station = Pimlico).

glamourmagazine.co.uk/features/default.aspx…

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street markets

Cornucopia's vintage though, isn't it?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street markets

It sells "a mixed bag of period clothing" according to londontown.com...

8. Re: Street markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 20:20