We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Our next meet is set. Details as follows -

The date: Monday July 9th from 7.00pm

The venue: The Star Tavern, 6 Belgrave Mews West, London SW1X 8HT. Bar meals and fine beer from Fullers are served.

Directions from Sloane Square tube: Leave Sloane Square tube, cross Sloane Square, and go straight up Sloane Street. Keep going for 5 minutes, then turn right down Pont Street. Follow this road as it changes into Chesham Place. Belgrave Mews West is on your left, just past the German Embassy.

Directions from Kinightsbridge tube: Leave by the Sloane Street exit and walk south down Sloane Street. Turn left into Pont Street. Follow this road as it changes into Chesham Place. Belgrave Mews West is on your left just past the German Embassy.

The likely participants: Adamhornets, Bedlace, Tricia27 & DH, Bookwoman plus hopefully Mick67, Crytal and jcfontario and their familes.

Others (both tourists and locals) are, as ever, more than welcome. Please post below your likely attendance or contact me for more details.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Earnest efforts to get to this one......

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

I might even be able to get to this one too.

New York
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Hi,AH and other friends of TALF,

No internet til now. Whattime

Will you disband. We have tickets to see Gaslight Mon July 9. Not sure if we will make it later. Also what about youngsters? Location sounds great.

Thanks a whole bunch, AH for everything!

C

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Can't recall how old your kids are. I suspect we won't stay that late but you are welcome to look in on the off chance we are still there although I realise it may be out of your way.

Bedlace has made contact and will be there and hopefully Bookwoman will be too. Mrs Hornets has promised to put in an appearance so males will definitely be in the minority!

Saxtons River...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

I definitely plan on being there and look forward to seeing Adam and EmParr again. Two pub meets in one journey to London; how lucky can a girl get?!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

I should be able to make this one. I think Jack1066 and Redsavage are in London that day as well, so they may decide to grace us with their presence.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

What a great group of people! I'd love to come, however it's doubtful. I'm taking the 'Life in the United Kingdom' test on Tues in Reading,, it's now a requirement for getting 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' in the UK. Reading the book ahead of time is probably a good idea! Depending on how the weekend goes (meaning if I read the book!) I may just have to take the train from out here and come into town to see you all. ;)

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

Alas I have to head off to Oxford on Monday morning and will not be back in London until week's end. A shame. Enjoy the meet everyone!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

A weekend bump.

Sorry Arf - I knew you were going to be the one to miss out this time around but the coming weekend would not have been an ideal time for a meet. Next time I hope.

Ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: TALF Pub Meet - Monday July 9th

We are heading to Rules for dinner at 7 pm to celebrate our daughter's graduation, so I suspect that I won't get there until after 9. Is there a special location in the pub that you will likely be sittin at?

jcfontario