We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Park in London

Caesarea, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure Park in London

If you were to choose one adventure park, rides ,etc..for a trip the first week of October (fewer water events??) for three kids 7, 10, and 12...what would it be? Of course accessibility from London is key. Thorpe? Chessington? Legoland??? These kids have never done Disney but they loved Efteling in Holland.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Park in London

Legoland is for much smaller children, probably your two oldest wouldnt be that impressed. Of the other two, I think Chessington is better overall, especially as Thorpe park does seem to have a lot of water rides. Dont know about accessibility from london , check national rail http://nationalrail.co.uk/index.html or the parks web sites, though ISTR the last time my kids went to Thorpe they had to hang around for a bus to the train station whereas I *think* you can walk direct from Chessington train station.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Park in London

Thorpe Park is probably for older children and Legoland for babies. I agree Chessington would be best. The tickets are quite expensive, check the website for special offers.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Park in London

There are usually lots of 2 for 1 offers around for these parks - they often don't run in the school holidays, but with the current weather they may well be trying to promote a bit more. My daughter's friend went there recently during a rare bit of clearish weather and it was very uncrowded.

London
Level Contributor
450 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure Park in London

Thorpe Park better for older teenagers so would suggest Chessington Park. check out their website for travel directions; it is not too far out of London.

With regards to tickets, look at www.lastminute.com for cheap tickets.

5. Re: Adventure Park in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 22:20