We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
heart of dixie
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

I want to know if I have any recourse with Ticketmaster. I purchased 3 tickets for Wicked in London. The day before our flight to London, my daughter became seriously ill and her doctor forbid her to fly. I contacted Ticketmaster 4 different times and was told there were no refunds under any circumstances. I even asked if my tickets could be moved to another night so that someone else I know in London could use them. I was again told it was not possible. So, they are charging me $ 400.00 and then will turn around and sell the tickets again. My advice to anyone>>>>> DO NOT ORDER TICKETMASTER TICKETS IN ADVANCE> They are too pricey and you never know what might happen.

P.S. Most of the hotels and other business I called to cancel were very accomodating.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

It is unfortunate that you will lose your money, but the Ticketmaster policy is pretty much identical to every other ticketing policy in NA and Europe. Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable, alas. I just bought tickets for two shows in November (one in London and one in Brussels) with the understanding that I might not be able to go and that my money will be lost.

Someone either on this forum or on another one (I just cannot remember), posted a website address where tickets could be sold but only for the facevalue (ie no scalping or mark-up). I am hoping that someone will remember what that is and post it here for you.

I hope that your daughter is doing better. Best wishes, Arf

London
Level Contributor
450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

Any chance of getting a payout from your travel insurance? Or perhaps Ebay the tickets?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

I've heard of people doing it on E-bay, but not sure if that would work for London tickets.

Did you get the type of ticket where you printed out the ticket yourself with the barcode?

Since you feel you have lost the money anyway, maybe someone here on this board could use them or knows someone who can- if they are kind enough to renumerate you in some way (at least for your faxing charges), that would be great, but if not you're no worse off than you are now, and you would have done something nice for someone.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

I just googled "ticket exchange + uk" and came up with a site where tickets can be bought and sold. If you do that you should come up with some options.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

If you used the Ticketfast option where they e-mailed your tickets in a PDF file, I would definitely try to sell them on e-bay (unless of course the performance date has already passed). It is very easy to do and once you have received payment via PayPal, you can immediately e-mail them the tickets and transfer the funds to your bank account.

Just go to www.ebay.co.uk

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

Not unique to Ticketmaster. If the performance hasn't happened yet you could try ebay.

Otherwise add it to any insurance claim you're making. Have you lost out to hotel booking etc aswell? Include it on that claim.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,637 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

If you go to the homepage of Ticketmaster you find a tab called "ticketexchange"

This allows people to buy & sell tickets.

as I understand it you put your ticket up for sale and when someone buys it your ticket is cancelled and a new one sent to the buyer

www.ticketmaster.co.uk/ticketexchangehome…

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

Phew, at least your travel insurance will cover you.

heart of dixie
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, we were supposed to pick up the tickets at the boxoffice so I could not even offer them to someone else.

After spending 7 hours in the emergency room yesterday with my daughter, she is at home resting. I am thankful to God that this didn't happen on our trip. The money is nothing compared to her health. We can go to London next year.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticketmaster refund in the event of an emergency?

zekeskeeper: Good luck with everything, and all the best wishes for your daughter's health.