We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport near Plaza on the River

Lynch Station...
Level Contributor
52 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
transport near Plaza on the River

We have booked four nights at Plaza on the River on the Albert Embankment. What methods of transport are convenient to this hotel?The nearest tube station appears to be Vauxhall. What about buses and/or river taxis? We like to walk.What is within walking distance? Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport near Plaza on the River

Is this the Riverbank Park Plaza??? I stayed there a few years ago and I really liked it. We either walked or took the bus.

You can take the number 3 bus (which you can get right around the corner from the hotel by the bridge) and it takes you up to Westminster. When you come out of the front of the hotel, facing the Thames, turn right, and near the first bridge is the bus station right in front of some luxury apartments. We would then either catch the tube or continue taking the bus up towards Picadilly - it runs all night so it was very convenient. We would always catch it back too. We would sometimes just walk to the Westminster tube station. too.

Lynch Station...
Level Contributor
52 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport near Plaza on the River

Thanks. Yes, it is the same location, just a group of suites in the same bulding as the hotel, I think.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport near Plaza on the River

Also, if you cross the road and turn right with the river at your left and keep walking you'll go past the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and then you'll see the London Eye. It's not far at all. If you continue along the river you can explore the Southbank.

The number 3 bus, I think, goes to Oxford Circus so you'll pass loads of attractions.

Vauxhall is has busses going everywhere, plus the tube, plus a mainline station.

Taxi's are easy to get along there too.

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport near Plaza on the River

The 77, 344 and 360 buses stop out side the hotel.

The 77 will get you to Waterloo, in about 5-10 mins, the 344 goes through the city to liverpool street station, and the 360 to Elephant and Castle, which i can't imagine you will want to visit.

I think the 360 goes to Pimlico and Chelsea the other way, not sure where the 77 and 344 go but its away from town so you won't need them.

Vauxhall station is also a bus station which will get you to lots of places.

About 5mins walk from the hotel on the river , there is Lambeth Palace( home of Archbishop of Canterbury) whihc had a nice garden museum.

In the railway arches by vauxhall there are a couple of good cafe/restaurants. 2 portugese ones Madeiras(cafe) and Picos( restaurant/bar) and an italian one that name escapes me. The pub on the corner The Rose is OK, but expensive and a bit poncey.

Whilst you are completely safe walking in the Albert Embankment I would be a little wary going off the beaten track between the hotel and vauxhall, ie the roads behind the Embankment and the Spring Gardens park. I have worked round there for 5 years and have never felt unsafe but everyonce in a while there are muggings etc.

Ironic really considering everyother building is owned by the police or spies!!

Hope this helps!!

5. Re: transport near Plaza on the River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:17