We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with train ticket from London to Bath

Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Help with train ticket from London to Bath

Hi

I am trying to purchase a ticket from paddington to bath spa in early Oct. I've read what I could find about getting the lowest cost rail ticket, purchasing in advance, buying single tickets, etc, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a cheap ticket leaving from Oct 05-08. Is there any trick that I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Darrin

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
545 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with train ticket from London to Bath

Well, that depends on what your definition of "cheap" is. It's coming up on nationalrail.co.uk at 47 quid, which isn't bad IMO.

What were you expecting, pricewise?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with train ticket from London to Bath

I can see one way fares from £9.50 on the 3rd at nationalrail.co.uk

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with train ticket from London to Bath

Interesting that there don't seem to be any advance fares available that weekend...is there a special event in Bath?

I was looking at fares the week before that...I've checked. Sept. 27 and Oct. 1 and the trip can be done for 20GBP (to) and 9.50GBP (return). Not sure why the 5-8 of Oct. isn't available.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,148 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with train ticket from London to Bath

Nothing special listed on the Bath tourism website in the city that weekend.

A few weeks ago a regular poster mentioned that the rail companies often released blocks of saver tickets 6-8 weeks before departure rather than the normal 3 months. I would keep trying every few days to see what becomes available.

5. Re: Help with train ticket from London to Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 01:17