We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Vancouver bc
Level Contributor
331 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

I have booked at the K+K Hotel George on recommendation of Trip Advisor. I am constantly reading reviews of Rude staff. I hope they frequent this site and see what people are saying. Seems to be the only down side of this other wise nice hotel.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Not really sure about the central message of your post. You stayed there and the staff were rude to you ? Or you booked the place despite the reviews about rude staff there ? Clarification is needed here. And if you are unhappy with a hotel, then the best place to express your happiness is in the section entitled "Hotels" which allows you to write a full review of the hotel in which you have stayed.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

The OP's post is clear to me.

Please post a review once you are back--it will be interesting to see whether you experience rudeness too. Hope you don't!

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Only problem, comingforthesun, is that, if the reviews of the K & K Hotel George are true, then many of their rude staff can not understand English very well. So they might have difficulty in deciphering the reviews of their allegedly rude behaviour on this website.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

I stayed at the K&K George about 2 years ago. I was talking to housekeeping and suddenly realized the person didn't speak a word of English. When I went down to the desk, the same thing happened, and I asked for the supervisor, who did speak English. I just needed extra towels. The UK has had an influx of foreign speaking peoples, so you are going to run into alot of people who may not understand you, or have not been trained properly in customer service. Although they come off as rude, it may not be the case.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,148 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

I think it important to point out that Tripadvisor itself hasn't recommended the K&K hotel. It would be interesting to know why the OP chose the hotel. I am guessing it was due to suggestions from us here at the forum and/or the generally good reviews that have taken the hotel to number 44 in the TA charts.

I've not stayed there but have looked around. The staff I met were German and seemed quite pleasant but this was some months ago.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Nothing to do with this particular hotel but - Adam, what do you mean when you say that TripAdvisor itself hasn't recommended this hotel?

I have probably missed something completely ;-). Is there a section where TA recommends certain hotels over others? I'm truly confused ( and very dense, obviously) and truly curious because I've always said to friends when they ask me why I chose a particular hotel : "Oh, it had good recommendations on TA" ..meaning that other posters had recommended it and/or I read the reviews on TA. Is there something else that I have missed all this time? ( Highly possible given my denseness).

Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,148 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

I think you might be more on the ball than me Livinglife but I read the OP as saying that TA had as a company recommended the hotel rather than how you read it which was that other posters had recommended it.

Of course the later is true and that is what I was trying to make clear in case anyone reading would think otherwise.

Instead I seem to have muddied the waters futher - sorry!

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Oh, okay! Thanks, Adam and no need to apologise. I'm just relieved that there is hope for me after all :-).

Vancouver bc
Level Contributor
331 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Yes, I took the recommendations of well traveled London forum posters and booked this hotel. That is one of the reasons I frequent this site. I use it for all my travels and have done very well with humble opinions from TA. I was just commenting on the last few reviews of this hotel.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rude Staff at K+K Hotel George

Unfortunately, hotel staff turnover rate (especially in departments like dining and housekeeping) is huge, so it is entirely possible for the character of a hotel to shift on a frequent basis. Whenever I see a sudden shift in the tone of reviews I usually assume this is the case.

Before I travel anywhere (even in the US) if I expect a non-native english speaking staff, I make a point of noting down a few important housekeeping instructions in the language of that area (for example in Texas, Spanish, California, Spanish and Tagalog, etc) phoentically. That way if I need more towels or pillows it is never an issue, and the housekeeping staff usually gets some amusement out of my mangled efforts.. Often tho, they really seem to appreciate me making the effort.

(Side note: I realize that many people expect, and it is not an unreasonable expectation, for a service establishment staff to speak the host countries native tongue at a reasonable fluency level. But the realities of the industry economics preclude that at this time.)