We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flat lease for Aug 25-Sept 3/07

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flat lease for Aug 25-Sept 3/07

Would leasing a flat be a reasonable possibility in central London for tourist purposes? I am travelling with my adult son, we're low maintenance folks looking mostly for a bed, kitchen and laundry, (ideally unshared) and thought that there would be a very good match if we could find it. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to find what I describe?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flat lease for Aug 25-Sept 3/07

It's not only a reasonable possibility, but it's a sensible one. But the last week of August - hm. It's Bank Holiday weekend and the last weekend of summer for visitors from overseas, so a great number of flats may have been rented months ago.

Flats with laundry facilities are a bit tricky. I stayed in a swell little place in Wapping, and was thrilled to have the washing machine there - but the flat is booked through September.

Two places come to mind, which may or may not suit your needs: base2stay or Astons Apartments. Both are a very short walk from Tube stations (and have swell options for bus travel), both are clean, safe and comfortable - but with two differences. The kitchens at Astons are more complete, but the washrooms at base are much bigger.

There's no laundry facilities, but Bobo's Bubbles isn't far away (one on the Cromwell Road and another on Earl's Court Road). Astons has a promotion on for August, with flats that usually go for £107 on offer at £90 per night (plus VAT, so about £105).

See what you think - www.base2stay.com or www.astons-apartments.com Alternately, have a look at some of the links in theartgirl's stickies on short stay flat rentals and websites for London visitors.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flat lease for Aug 25-Sept 3/07

try the Hamlet apartments near the tower of London in St. Katherine's Docks. www.hamletuk.com - they are self catering flats with laundry and a large grocery store right next door, about 7 minutes walk to Tower Hill Station.

3. Re: Flat lease for Aug 25-Sept 3/07

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 23:18