We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picadilly Circus/Trafalgar Square hotel - $200-250?

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Picadilly Circus/Trafalgar Square hotel - $200-250?

There are so many hotels that I am going to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a hotel in this area in the $200-250 rate. We need it for 4 nights - 6/2-6/6. Right now, we have reservations at the Thistle Picadillly Circus, but it is over $300/night. Any other recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,460 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picadilly Circus/Trafalgar Square hotel - $200-250?

Try The Thistle Charing Cross which is in a great location close to Trafalgar Square.

Expedia have some great offers. At the moment the Le Meridien Piccadilly is available through them at 158GBP for the first night and 135GBP for the others for a standard room. If you don't mind staying a little further away then The Landmark near Baker Street station is being offered at 113-131GBP depending on the date. I am sure there are some other good deals on their site.

There is also The Strand Palace on The Strand. Nowhere near as nice but a great location.

Hope that helps.

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Radlett, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picadilly Circus/Trafalgar Square hotel - $200-250?

I agree with Adam...the Thistle Charring Cross is better. I think there is a Horse Guards one too, around the corner which might be a bit quieter.

If you can get a good deal on The Landmark then go for it. Usually when I have stayed there it is at least 300 Pounds a night. You might have to share the elevator with Ricky Martin though!

If you stay at the Landmark make sure you explore Marylebone High Street in the evening for dinner. The Landmark fronts a busy road but is very convenient for the underground and getting to Regents Park, Madame Tussaids etc. You can also shop next dorr in Marylebone station for snacks and drinks to stock your minibar.