We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

Just found out there are 2 Comfort Inns near Victoria Station.

CI Buckingham Palace Road and

CI Victoria

The first one is a 10 minute walk from the station and the second is right at the station.

Where do I want to be located in terms of walking to the sights, and the tube, etc.

Can anyone give me advice on which of the two I should book at?

Do not know area at all or the hotels.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

The Belgrave Road address is one block closer to the station than the St George's Drive address; but the walking time difference is well under 10 minutes, so it is not worth worrying about.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

Both of the Comfort Inns are in very similar buildings. i.e. quite old buildings, not purpose built as hotels.

The Comfort Inn is at the back of the station, still 5 minutes walk from the Underground. The Buckingham Palace Road site is another 5 minutes by the coach stations. There are direct airport buses to all 4 main airports from here.

There is little to choose between the two. The Comfort Inn has a small supermarket opposite and a pub almost next door.

The Buckingham Palace Road site is right on the railway line into Victoria and some people have found noise a problem. Its also only about 50m from the coach stations and there are lots of buses parked in the vicinity manoevering for the coach station.

Victoria is a very good position for the main sights if you can't afford a 4 star in Piccadilly or similar and public transport connections are second to none. Most of the accommodation around these two are of the cheap and nasty type, These 2 Comfort Inns are quite good budget hotels with not that much competition of its type. As a result they've both put up their room rates a lot over the last year.

I'd go with the one that has lowest rates, if both the same perhaps the Comfort Inn shades it as it saves you 5 minutes walk each day.

A favourite TA place in Victoria is the Luna & Simone B&B which is similarly priced as the Comfort Inns. Its further away from the stations about 15 minutes walk, but the number 24 bus passes the door which will have you in Big Ben/ Westminster or the West End in 10-15 minutes. Arguably you'll get a better accommodation experience here but its a slight compromise on location.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

I stayed recently at the CI Buckingham Palace Road (St. George's address mentioned in this thread).

I loved it. We were looking for a clean place at good value at which we'd really only use for sleep, shower and breakfast. It was perfect. Great value, very clean. Very quality breakfast for a budget hotel. And a short walk to Victoria station.

We also wanted to be close so we could queue for day-of-show tickets for Wicked at the Apollo Victoria. Perfect for that too.

Took us 5 mins to walk to Victoria station. Not the full 10.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

I stayed at the CI Victoria earlier this year and it was one of the wosrt rooms I have ever stayed in.

Now, I usually stay in Premier Travel Inns or Travelodges so I am used to what are supposed to be comparable chains therefore I don't think my expectations are too high.

The room was poky and dingy and not very clean. The bed was terrible with springs sticking out and I itched all night. I had to use my coat as a pillow because the pillow was disgusting and the linen was stained and had holes.

I would never, ever stay there again!

Sorry if this sounds extreme but at the time I felt like crying!

Sarah

5. Re: Comfort Inn, Victoria Station area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:19