We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from San Francisco in April

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airfare from San Francisco in April

I am just starting to plan a one week trip to London in April 2008 for my family of four. Fares seem high in the 800-900 range. Is it too early for any lower fares? Do seat sales for this time period typically become available closer to that date?

Are there any package type deals that might offer a better deal of hotel and airfare together?

Any tips for finding a better fare for April from SF?

Thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare from San Francisco in April

They seem about right for time of year this far out.

The MotherInLaw flew this year in late April and her fare was much higher (it was a very late booking though) and I think she went BA WT+ which is one up from economy.

I don't think you'll loose out by waiting a while but if you see fares under $700 with BA or Virgin (My choices) then definitely go for them immediately. You won't get much lower than that without some sort of airline crisis.

Best fare my wife ever got was $650 or so. We've not been lucky enough to find anything under $600 if they exist at all.

That said don't wait too long. If you haven't made the booking by the beginning of next year (Feb latest) IMHO you'll be hedging a bit too much.

Good Luck! (says the guy packing his life’s possessions for shipping to San Fran :-))

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare from San Francisco in April

Forgot the tips thing.

Browse this site for air fares and you'll find it's an oft discussed topic.

Most people go via the consolidation sites Expedia, Opodo etc.

Some have mentioned a place called kayak.com

I tend to try the airlines direct (www.ba.com or virginatlantic.com) and register for mail notifications.

Others may suggest further tips.

Thing is to have your credit card at the ready and maybe a day or two leeway on travel dates.

Good luck!

3. Re: Airfare from San Francisco in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2008, 11:32
4. Re: Airfare from San Francisco in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 23:21