We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

And So..

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Maine
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Topic
And So..

As for the evenings…

If I don’t spend too much money I will try and take in a show one night (hopefully Spamalot, try to get a last minute deal)

I’d love it if a TALF meet happened during my week and hope it may be a possibility.

Oh yeah, I’d like to know more about As Greek as it Gets, because I love Greek food, Greek culture and Greek people.

I’m sure to do at least one London walk, just not sure which one yet, so many to choose from! Ghosts Gaslights and Guinness? Thames? Apparitions, Alleyways and Ale? Not really interested in the Ripper ones this time around.

I need to visit Bloomsbury one evening and have a couple of pints in the pub (The Swan) that I enjoyed last year. Oh yeah, and the Museum Tavern and the Lamb…I may go to Sir John’s or the British Museum, as I didn’t see the Sutton Hoo or the Lindow Man on my last visit. I’ll have to look a little more closely at what it takes $$ and time for the Terra Cotta warriors. I’d love to, so we’ll see.

I’d love to take in some live “English/Celtic” country music, fiddles, bodhran, etc. Is there anywhere that anyone suggests I check out?

I have absolutely no plans for my last day, and I’m sure I’ll be faced with dozens of choices, although I can see myself picnicking in a park, walking near the river and just chilling on a bench somewhere taking it all in.

As you can see, I’m kind of loose on this whole thing, because another lesson learned was you can’t see it all and you gotta go with the flow. This is the beauty (to me) of solo travel. The best laid plans…..can change on a whim..

People, you are so good to read my ramblings and I am so glad you’re all out there with your insights and your knowledge and your wits.

Help me hone my plans, give me a laugh, and we’ll share our adventures!

Suz

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: And So..

for live “English/Celtic” country music, fiddles, bodhran, check listings for the Hammersmith and Fulham Irish Centre, and Cecil Sharp House.

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: And So..

Suz, if you want to go and see the Terracotta Warriors in The British Museum, it might be a good idea to book the tickets in advance. The tickets are £12/adult.

If your last day is Saturday or Sunday, why not spend the day in Greenwich: you can take a river boat from Tower Hill to Greenwich Pier. Greenwich Market is great on weekends and there are a few nice pubs in the area. If you like to have a picnic, Greenwich Park is ideal. You can buy your picnic lunch from Greenwich Market and the local shops and walk the short distance from the Market to the Park.

THave a great time!

3. Re: And So..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:17