We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What tea do you drink at tea?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What tea do you drink at tea?

Went on the Dukes Hotel website to take a look at their rooms, rates and tea menus and saw they offer a selection of tea during tea. I wondered: what tea type do you choose?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

My favorite is breakfast tea, but they usually have several available (Earl Gray, darjeeling, asaam, a house blend, herbal/fruity teas, etc...)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

Well, if they have Ceylon, that is my preferred tea. It has a lovely, delicate flavor.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

I always favored Earl Gray...then my husband said it smelled like soap and ruined it for me forever! Drinking some darjeeling now...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

I bring home a six-pack of those tiny tea tins you can get at Fortnum & Mason, then I break up the set and give them out to friends as souvenirs. I have two friends who specifically ask for the Earl Grey - everyone else takes a pass on it...

:)

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

When in London at a tea, I like assam.......yumm.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

I bought some English breakfast tea at Harrod's last year...do you think it was assam?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,393 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

You do ask some interesting questions, fussyguest :-) I don't "do" teas as such, but drink it every morning and sometimes in the afternoon, too. IMO, Scottish Breakfast Blend is the best of the "plain" teas, with Yorkshire Gold right behind it. I also really enjoy Vanilla flavored teas, of which my mum (the full Brit) turns up her nose, claiming it isn't really "tea" if it is flavored!

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

half Brit: I'm with your mum on this one! vanilla tea: hmm, maybe not for me. But: are flavored teas actually tissanes? I could drink a vanilla tissane.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,393 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

Hmm, don't think so. It's actually "black tea and natural and artificial flavors", according to the packet.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What tea do you drink at tea?

I read a thread on here that a London "local" had recommended PG tips - I brought some home, and I like it. Also like Celestial Seasonings Blackberry, Blueberry, and Apple Cinnamon (but suppose those aren't "real" tea, are they?). When visiting Canada, brought back turkey hill maple tea - it's yummy!

tbb