We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Nation express buses say they go but the time tables wont come up on the internet and they wont respond to my emails. Please help.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Are you thinking of the Lakeside shopping centre near East Thurrock? If so, then take the c2c train from Fenchurch Street station to Chafford Hundred, as that station is linked to the centre by a walkway.

Much more pleasant than taking a coach.

tel aviv
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Naej-as travellerplus poined out-the train is an excellent option and only takes about 40 mins.I go everytime I come to London.You will see the centre on the right hand side as you pull into the Chafford hundred station.It takes no more than 3-4 minutes walk from the train to the shopping centre-all under cover.

ENJOY!

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Many thanks to you both. I look forward to visiting Lakeside at Thurrock.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

naej, FYI you are unlikely to find anything there, in terms of stores, brands, availability or prices, that you wont also find in Oxford & Regents Street or nearby, in London. Is there a specific shop you are headed for or has it been generally recommended to you?

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

I'm an Essex girl myself and live about 30 mins drive from Lakeside, but I would always bypass and go to Bluewater in Kent instead. The shops are more individual there. As Joe says, there's nothing in Lakeside you can't find in Oxford St or Regent St.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

The main reason for going to Lakeside is a group of us girls want a place to meet up not really to shop but to lunch and natter. Just an accessible place for people coming from all directions. I live in Oz but will be staying in London at the time and need to be sure of my facts on how to get there with the least possible outlay on fares. I will be using a weekly bus ticket for London which covers zone 1-6 but I am sure lakeside is out of those zones.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Lakeside is well outside the Transport for London zones, but if you have an all zones Travelcard you'll get a bit of a discount on your fare from Fenchurch Street.

Are you staying in one of zones 3 through 6? If not, then an all zones Travelcard is a bit pricier than one for zones 1 and 2; if you will use all zones every day then it's a bargain but if not, then it's just money not used. Don't mean to be rude, just a wee bit nosey.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

Lakeside isn't "well outside the TfL Zones" You can use your bus pass as far as Ockendon Station and then pay cash for the last few stops.

Mind you, I would't go there at the weekend this close to Christmas. Far too busy.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

TP

naej has a 1-6 bus pass, they don't come in anything other than all zones.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best form of transport from London(city) to Lakeside shops.

I am not doing this until next May. I will be staying in zone 1 and so I will start my journey from there. Will my weekly bus ticket come on an oyster card? Not that I even understand oyster cards!!!! Thank you all for trying to make this clear to me.