We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

We are lucky enough to be going to the Foo Fighters gig next June.

We are travelling up from Devon and are still deciding whether to either

1. Drive ourselves on the day and find somewhere to park and leave after the concert

2. Arrange travel on national express coach from Devon and leave after the concert (however the coach departs at 11.15 which im told is cutting it fine when trying to get out of the stadium)

3. Find a closeby hotel within 10 minutes walk for the night with safe parking (which is proving to be extremely hard - and expensive!!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are country folk and dont really want to go into the city at all as im not keen on the underground!! ;-))

I would rather drive up and return in the same day but i gather the traffic/crowds/parking isnt recommended????

Many thanks.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Have you tried the Premier Inn in Wembley - not even a 10 min walk from the stadium.

Other hotels near the stadium are:

Ibis

Quality Hotel

Wembley Plaza

Some hotels might charge for parking. You will find in the area very little unrestricted parking for day/night unless you know the area extremely well., as when events are on only residents are allowed to park with permits in and around the stadium. Personally I would feel safer paying to park in a hotel car park.

Even if you do drive up and decided to return home afterwards you would have to pay a substanial amount to park in car parks attached to stadium/arena. Getting out of Wembley after an event can take forever.

I lived in Wembley for many years, so have good knowledge of local area.

Another possibility for a hotel would be The Kingsland Hotel in Kingsbury - about 5 mins walk from the tube station, and only one stop away from Wembley Park. It has parking.

http://www.kingslandhotel.co.uk/

The tube is very easy to use, and you couldn't get lost for one stop -as only one line uses the above station.

Hope this is of some help.

London
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Hi Masie

I live near wembley and can assure you that parking will be very difficult if not impossible. Even where we live, the parking is restricted on event days and trying to get around to do my usual shopping is a nightmare.

I have seen some people parking at Stanmore station on event days and getting the jubilee line down to wembley park station. I dont know how 'legal' the parking is. I dont know if there's anything on the tfl.gov.uk website about the parking available at stations - maybe that's worth looking into?

The wembley plaza hotel is right next to the stadium. "Car parking is complimentary to all residents except on Wembley Event dates, when there will be a charge for parking and the spaces will be on 1st come 1st serve basis."

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

Queeny xx

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Hi Maisie,

Have you tried The Green Man hotel. It's a small pub/hotel as opposed to a chain hotel and they offer very good rates and have parking. It is just a 5-10 minute walk from the Stadium and also serves decent food.

http://www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk/

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Many thanks for your help and suggestions, they are really helping us.

Unfortunately the Premier Inn is already full! and so is the Ibis! and also the travelodge.

I think the quality hotel still has rooms but it was quite expensive (but I imagine they do hike up the price when events are on) but its still a consideration.

Great suggestion on the Green Man pub - I have e mailed them.

I will let you know how I get on.

We wont be driving up for the day, your points have clarified to me that it would be a disaster to try and park on the day of the gig!

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

had a prompt reply from the Green Man pub and guess what -

its full :-(

Wembley Plaza has no guest parking.

I think its looking more like we'll have to coach it up and leg it out the stadium when the concert has finished!!

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Another suggestion would be to stay at a hotel in the Harrow area - only 3 stops from Wembley Park tube station on the Metropolitan line.

Try this website and then look for Comfort Hotel - Harrow

http://www.crimsonhotels.co.uk/uk/

It also has free car parking.

Other hotels in this area are:

Best Western Cumberland Hotel

Quality Hotel Harrow

I know you said you don't particularly want to use tube, but I promise you won't get lost.

London
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

Great thinking Gil57. I forgot about Harrow. There's also the Beefeater on Kenton Road. It's a 2 minute walk from Northwick Park tube station on the metropolitan line (2 stops from wembley).

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

It is actually the Premier Inn - Harrow which is attached to the Beefeater restaurant in Kenton Road.

9. Re: hotels near Wembley staduium with parking/and advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:18