We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts for British teenagers

Kelowna, British...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Gifts for British teenagers

We're visiting a family with 4 teenagers (yikes!). What would be good gifts to take to them from Canada? Please keep in mind that the gifts would have to be smallish to fit in our small suitcases. We don't have kids so this has become a real puzzler. Thanks!

West London
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Any of the new american trainers not out in england yet.

Kelowna, British...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Thanks Ryan, but just one stupid question... by "American trainers" I assume that you are referring to runners/sports shoes/training shoes? If so, 4 pair in our cases would take up just about the whole thing... guess I wouldn't have to figure out which clothes to take though!!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,741 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

How about things made locally. Do you have any native North American tribes that produce wares in your area?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Maple syrup!

Big Red Chewing gum is what our boys always get back. You don't get it in UK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Ibb- teenagers are almost impossible to buy presents for as they are so fussy but my teenage son is mad on Maple syrup! He loves it on ice cream.

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

How about cd���s? I really enjoyed listening to the radio in London and hearing bands I never knew existed, but were apparently very popular in the UK. Surely it has to be the same with North American bands in the UK. Maybe you could find a cd of a cool local band from right in your own area?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Male or female teenagers? Caps or shirts from your local hockey / football / baseball / whatever team are good for both.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Kelowna Rockets or Vancr Canucks Tshirts or similar. And a couple of Tragically Hip CDs.

A couple of big sellers in the souvenir shops here are Tshirts that have a little CDN flag and logo (in discreet, small lettering) saying 'Canadian Girls/Boys Kick A$s'. Probably wildly amusing for a 13 or 14 year old.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Food/candy items not available in their country are always a big hit with kids and teens on both sides of the Atlantic.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gifts for British teenagers

Having lived in the US when I was a teenager, I can recall that when I came back to the US for a visit, my friends always asked for candy that was not available in England. I would always take Hershey bars/kisses (not as good as english chocolate, but different), tootsie rolls (big favourite!), anything cinnamon or wintergreen flavours (not readily available in UK), jolly ranchers etc...