We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a hotel - please help!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
smf
waterford Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
Choosing a hotel - please help!

Hi all, this is my first post on the London forum. I want to choose a hotel from the 4th-7th April for myself and my boyfriend. Somewhere with a tube station close by,central enough and decent! Price wise in the region of £140 per night.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,068 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

That budget gives you plenty of scope. Tube stations will be invariably close by so what area would you rather stay in?

City (financial district, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London)

South Bank - Tate Modern, Globe Theatre, London Eye

Victoria/Westminster - Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey

West End - Oxford Street/Bond Street shopping, Hyde Park

Bloomsbury/Soho - British Museum, Chinatown, theatre district

To be fair, all these attractions are no more than 20 minutes apart on the Underground but if there's somewhere that really appeals.....

London, England
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

Sorry to be obvious, but as there are so many competing commercial hotel websites around, why not start with VISITLONDON - the official tourist board site- www. visitlondon. com. Or go to individual borough sites like my local Council's one www.greenwich.gov.uk - then navigate to thier Tourist advice an bed-booking pages(Greenwich is a great area, but is 10-15 minutes from the centre, and better served by rail, 'Docklands Light Rail -DLR- bus and riverboat services than tube so might not fit the bill)

smf
waterford Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

Thanks for the breakdown of the different areas - it can get quite confusing. Will take a look at that website, appreciate your help

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

At that price i'd go for The Bonnington, Bloomsbury. It's a newly refurbished/upgraded 4 star and offers bright, modern rooms and an excellent buffet breakfast.

You are a short walk from Russell Square or Holborn Tube with Oxford St, Soho, Covent Garden, British Museum and several other attractions in easy walking distance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

Try the Grand Hotel Trafalgar, just off Trafalgar Square. (Type it into the search engine on the top left hand corner of this page). Use one of the four booking agencies featured on the Grand Hotel's webpage on this forum to book a few nights for both yourself and your boyfriend. Centrally located, its rates are highly competitive and the bedrooms in the Grand are very comfortable. So central that you will not really need to use the tube all that much. You can simply walk to the vast majority of places of interest.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
653 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

Go for corporate clean,comfortable functionality. The Premier Travel inn county hall is right bside the london eye, its laso close to Waterloo station and its mainline/tube connections. Its but a short walk across the bridge to Houses of Parliament and all central touristy areas.##

If looking for good quality small restaurants, get the tube to Goodge street,walk across the road to charlotte street and you will see a good selection.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

£140 a night, thats easy. Please try

54 Boutique Hotel - nr Imperial College / Albert Hall South Ken.

Cumberland - Marble Arch

Montcalm - Marble Arch

Fraser Place Queensgate for an apartment

Baileys / Gloucester Hotel - South Ken

NH Harrington Hall - South Ken

Hotel Russell , Russell Sq

8. Re: Choosing a hotel - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:16