We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blue Earth...
Level Contributor
75 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

Hello!

We are flying to Venice on Monday, 7th January, from Gatwick. I purchased tickets for the train, but am just trying to figure out the best and easiest way to get to the Victoria Train Station from the Victoria Underground Stop. We will be coming in on the Circle Line that morning. I kept seeing all these signs today on the tube about Victoria Train Station being closed from the Victoria Underground Station, and I can't find much info about it. I've looked at the Gatewick Express site too.

Thanks for any replies!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

(1) It is only Victoria lines trains that are not stopping at Victoria (2) the disruption continues only until Sunday 6th - from Monday 7th Victoria lines will be stopping at Victoria again.

Here is the text from the Transport For London website (tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…tube-victoria-now.html):

VICTORIA UNDERGROUND STATION: Until Sunday 6 January inclusive, Victoria line trains will not stop at Victoria due to station refurbishment works. Circle and District lines continue to stop as normal, and a connecting bus service will be provided between Victoria and Pimlico.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

Nothing more complicated then walking upstairs and going to platform 13/14.

Blue Earth...
Level Contributor
75 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

Thanks for clearing it up!

4. Re: Gatwick Express from Victoria Undergroun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 07:17