We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hip and trendy restaurants?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hip and trendy restaurants?

Hello....I have a friend looking for "hip and trendy" fun restarants to take her teens to

while on vacation in London? Any suggestions?

Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

bump

UK
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

The Ivy if you want to rubberneck. But book waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance.

Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

and if they can't get into the Ivy? Have you

got other choices?

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

How about "Sketch: The Gallery" at 9 Conduit Street near Oxford Circus? I've never been cool enough to go myself but this is from a local review "It feels more like a nightclub than a restaurant and in many ways it is. Yet the pounding soundsystem and glam customers can't detract from Pierre Gagnaire's dishes being surprisingly good."

I have been to the newly opened Skylon Restaurant which is in the Royal Festival Hall and has good views of the river.

You can also dine in the "Tattershall Castle" ship which is moored on the Thames directly opposite the London Eye.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

It depends on what your take on hip and trendy is and how much you've got to spend.

The Ivy is a great place for a treat but i'd say it's more traditional than hip and trendy. Caprice group that own The Ivy have several great restaurants though www.caprice-holdings.co.uk

I'd say Suka at The Sanderson Hotel, Sketch Gallery in Conduit St and Fifteen (Jamie Oliver's restaurant) are all pretty hip and trendy but i'm way off being a teenager!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

I'd go along with Suka but it might not be exactly what teens are looking for - the food is good but I think they'd enjoy experiencing the ambience of the hotel more, if only to see it for it's two bars, furniture etc. I don't think it would be suitable for early/mid teens but late teens would like it. It won't be 'teen prices' either!!

Level Contributor
260 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

Awesome, thanks!

8. Re: hip and trendy restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 08:21