We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two months 'til London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Two months 'til London

I made a couple of reservations a while ago and just wanted to tell everyone thanks for your many suggestions. I do a very detailed day by day schedule so I know what transport etc we need to take. And this trip we are going to some places I have not been before, all from your posts. New to us are: The Police Museum-Wapping, The Thames Clippers, The Grapes, The Design Museum, The Tower Bridge Museum, Wright Bros., a Verger tour of Westminster Abbey,The Mudlock, The Regency Cafe and taking the DLR. And we are looking forward to the remodeled Transport Museum.

Also, if we can slot it in, a visit to Old Bailey. But I don't think my husband will leave his camera behind and he certainly won't wait for me outside.

The new fish and chips places I choose, thanks again to various posts, are: Seafresh Fish, Mr. Fish and Masters Super Fish. And one Indian: Tamarind.

I'm still trying to fit in SOS, Billingsgate Mkt, and a few other places.

Hopefully the Sunday we are there it will be nice so we can visit Heampstead Heath...as I have not been there. But if it rains we'll go back to Kew Gardens.

Ah well, back to work.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two months 'til London

Sounds like you have an interesting trip planned - you must be getting excited!

If you're interested, here are some pics I took inside the Design Museum last autumn. Overall, I was suprised at how small the place was. The view of Tower Bridge was a nice change from the usual perspectives we always tend to see.

worldisround.com/articles/337911/index.html

Have you been to Butler's Wharf/Shad Thames? If not, after the museum, stroll down the narrow street and browse through the shops. Every now and then, turn right through a corridor and walk to the river's edge for more great photo opps.

Have fun!

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two months 'til London

offtolondon, Thanks...I'll take a look at the map pages and see where that is. Sounds fun. Not counting the days yet..........

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two months 'til London

Do you mean Old or New Billingsgate?

If you mean new then be there early (before 06:30 - 07:00am ot have anything worth seeing. And I think it's shut monday and either weds or thursday?

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two months 'til London

Hi..New Billingsgate. I want to see the fish market in action. Last trip we went to Smithfield Market at 04h30 and it was jumping and a lot of fun to watch. Took some good photos until the security guard said no photos allowed.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two months 'til London

I used to live around the corner. While it's interesting it's not huge.

Here you go - Tuesday through Saturday.

cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/…tours.htm

You can drop an email to get permission for photos.

The site suggest Blackwall as a stop on the DLR. I've never exited from their and the crossing of the road is not for the faint hearted sometimes.

Poplar is as close and does have a footbridge over the road to walk along Aspen way.

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two months 'til London

Thanks, Cornish Pastie!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two months 'til London

You must be soooo excited. My trip isn't for five months and I'm already bouncing off the walls. I'm always interested in others itineraries and trip reports.

8. Re: Two months 'til London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 09:22