We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast track tickets

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, MA
10 posts
Save Topic
Fast track tickets

Is it worth paying extra for fast track tickets (to Madame Tussauds and the London Eye)during the week of Feb 17-24th? I thought London would not be very crowded during that time, but I have seen other postings saying some local schools are off that week. Thanks in advance-I have gotten some great information from many excellent postings!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast track tickets

It's not worth paying for tickets to Mme. Tussauds period.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast track tickets

That's half term week in England so it will be very busy.

If you really want to see these then you might want to take the fast track tickets otherwise you will be queueing up for hours.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast track tickets

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first reply was from our resident grinch.

The disadvantage of booking the Eye in advance is that if the weather is poor you are stuck with going. Maybe better to wait for a clear morning and get there early. You shouldn't have to wait for more than 20 minutes.

Mme T isn't great value at the best of times but again if the thought of standing in line for a lengthy period (30 minutes, maybe more?) doesn't appeal then by all means go for the fast track tickets.

Sudbury, MA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast track tickets

Thanks for the info-my kids are looking forward to Mdme. Tussauds, so I guess we'll fork over the big bucks for fast track tickets!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,647 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast track tickets

> Sorry that your first reply was from our resident grinch. <

Oh, I have competition, do I?!

If your children REALLY want to see it, go, but it is rather expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast track tickets

For once I actually agree with ajleonard, and his answer was quite civil by his standards.

Tussauds is an incomprensible attraction.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast track tickets

On our last day in London, before regretfully having to fly home to Sydney, my sister and I decided to go on the London Eye. It was the first day of school holidays (don't recall which particular hols) and we had to queue for tickets - the queue was very long, but the system is efficient and I suppose we were in the queue for about 15 minutes. When we went to queue to actually board the Eye, it looked like it would take AGES but when we asked the assistant how long it would take, he said 15 minutes. We were thinking "yeah, right .... 15 minutes my arSe" but he was spot on - exactly 15 minutes later we were on. So, given the crowds and popularity of the Eye, I think the system is extremely efficient. I truly think it would have taken much, much longer, given the same parameters (crowd numbers, etc) to do something like it here. Well done London!

8. Re: Fast track tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 22:15