We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canary Wharf Pubs?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Canary Wharf Pubs?

I will be staying at the Marriott West India Quay in Canary Wharf with some friends for a weekend in March. What are some good Pubs or Clubs to go to in this area? Looking for really upbeat and fun places.

I have the weekend to unwind after a long business trip so we will be looking to do a lot of eating and drinking!!

London
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

There are bars and restaurants in the converted warehouse, immediately alongside your hotel.

For clubs, you'll need to head elsewhere. The owners of the Canary Wharf estate have a deliberate policy that nothing has an all night licence

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

I don't know where the hotel is, other than it's a bit of a walk from Canary Wharf, I can't speak for clubs, and this is much more Mr Cellophane's territory than mine, but I will chip in with a couple.

The North Pole in Manilla Street is a very good pub taht serves well kept London Pride. Otherwise, my impression is that the area is pretty much just the synthetic All Bar One, Henrys, etc chains.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

I second The North Pole.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

More info here -

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…

plus the Gun gets good reviews. Don't think there's much that's partyville immediately in that area - too many stressed bankers.

http://www.thegundocklands.com/location.html

India
Level Contributor
344 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

Gordon Ramsay The Narrow

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

My faves in Canary Wharf are: Jamie's, A Fine Line, Corney & Barrow and Via Fossa - CW is good for after work cocktails, however, pretty quiet on friday and the weekend. I would venture out to the City or Greenwich which are nearby to Canary Wharf.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

Sorry, Not my expertise, I try to spend as little time in the CW area unless I am being paid for it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

Depends what type of pubs and bars you like.

if you like more old fashioned traditional places, The Grapes on Narrow St is good.

Otherwise the Cat and Canary on the Wharf is an ok fullers pubs.

in terms of bars they vary from the ridiculously expensive dion which is in the converted warehouse mentioned above, there is also 1802 which is quite young, busy and loud.

Over in the wharf itself (over a small pedestrian bridge) there is fine line, corney and barrow, slug and lettuce. if they weather is good canary wharf bars are good as there are lots of places to sit outside.

the only other thing i would add is that canary wharf tends to be quite empty at the weekend, and i've been told the atmosphere is quite different as you don't have thousands of bankers, lawyers etc who work there during the week.

if i was staying in canary wharf at the weekend i would jump on the jubilee line to green park and wonder up to soho and go our there

9. Re: Canary Wharf Pubs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 15:18