We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicester Village

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
344 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bicester Village

What is the best way here from Oxford Street. Also are there potential savings in designer stores like polo bally burberry

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicester Village

I believe there are buses from Bicester Village Retail Park from Bicester North railway station.

Bicester North railway station is served by Chiltern Railways, from Marylebone station in London.

To get from Oxford Street to Marylebone, EITHER take the Bakerloo line from Oxford Circus tube station to Marylebone tube station, OR take the Jubilee line from Bond Street tube station to Baker Street tube station and walk round the block from Baker Street to Marylebone.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicester Village

Bicester Village (www.bicestervillage.com) is in Oxfordshire, approximately 67 miles from London. You can get there by train from London Marylebone (go to www.nationalrail.co.uk for fares and timetables).

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicester Village

Its not worth the hassle and cost, and would be a complete waste of a whole day of your life - you won't find anything *you actually want* significantly cheaper than in London unless you are lucky - its mostly full of end of line stuff in designs most people didn't want, in sizes that don't fit most people.

I suspect you'll end up buying a 'bargain' you secretly dislike at a low price so you can justify your 'savings' - best saving is to be made by not spending the train fare to go there in the first place. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicester Village

I have had a different experience - I have been to Bicester village to kit myself out for the summer season. If you like casual wear you will find bargains. In the Puma shop I pick up trainers for half the price they would be in Oxford Street, same goes for Diesel, Quiksilver and Ted Baker.

In answer to your question, best bet is a train from Marylebone to Bicester North Station, they run about every 30 mins. There is a Bicester Village bus from the station and it costs about £1. Lunch in Carluccio's is always pleasant.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicester Village

Each to their own I suppose, I have been there twice (for other reasons) and never seen anything I wanted to buy - as for half price trainers, go into any store in Oxford Street and you'll always find some of their selection on sale (same goes for clothes) - probably the exact same ones that you'd also find by going ?75? miles to Bicester, its just they are all in one place instead of half a dozen different stores.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bicester Village

I have a annual trip around Christmas time to Bicester Village for the bargains - I always do really well - especially things like Molton Brown, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, hugo Boss etc.

I don't look for fashion items I look for good basics - jumpers, trousers, shoes etc and for these items I always do well and I bother to travel 2 hours from South Wales to get there!!

Sarah

OXFORD, ENGLAND
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bicester Village

Worth a visit...you really have to shop around for a good baragin though!

If you want lunch, dont bother with the overpriced sandwich shops. We got reccommended a lovely pub called the swan (just by the big church and a 5 min walk from the village!)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bicester Village

"I bother to travel 2 hours from South Wales to get there!!"

But thats very different to starting out from central Londnon where there are sales going on all the time!

If you look at say a wall full of trainers in a store for example, a number of those will have 'sale' tags attached. All they do at Bicester is have the exact same trainers on sale in the various different stores, but in one place. (or maybe several - one for Puma, one for Nike, etc) So, whilst it may be worth it for you, I question whether its worth it for someone to go out from *London* where those same items are likely already on sale, to Bicester, to buy the exact same things.

No point thinking you got a bargain saving £30 on a pair of trainers, if you could have bought them in Oxford street and made the same saving - and without spending the time and money to go to Bicester.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bicester Village

I think dell89 is a woman, so I doubt if it's all about the trainers.

And you certainly can't get the same clothes in central London stores that you can at Bicester. A lot of stuff may be previous season at hugely reduced prices, for example - which if you're looking for good-label basics/classics makes it well worth a trip.

India
Level Contributor
344 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bicester Village

Hickney my friend I shan't reveal it but why do you say I am a woman