We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals around Covent Garden March 08

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Meals around Covent Garden March 08

Hi all,

I'm bringing my mum to london on the weekend of the 29th March. We're going to see the evening performance of the sound of music on the Saturday night.

I wondered if anyone could offer any pre-theatre dinner suggestions. Nothing hot and spicy. Priced around £15 for a main course. She likes Garfunkels but something a bit different would be nice. But that type of traditional English food or maybe Italian or Greek would be great.

Also any suggestions around the Covent Garden area for other nights would be great.

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

Porters in Covent Garden has mains for under £15 and does traditional British food. You can view their menu at the link below:

http://www.porters.uk.com/

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

thanks, had a look at the website, looks great.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

For Italian, Da Marios on Endell St. Just 2 blocks down from Covent. Booking essential.

As good an Italian for food as you are likely to find IMO It can get pricey for 4 courses but a main meat or fish dish is around £12 - £18 mark. Wine prices are not too high.

Not flash, just family run.

Stoofer

uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

Bistro 1 in Southampton Street has a good mix of European/Mediterranean food on a menu that offers 2 or three courses for a fixed price.

Just beyond that on the corner of the Strand is a nice Italian restaurant that I can never remember the name of.

Souk Medina in Short's Gardens is quite an experience.

A full on cavernous Moroccan themed restaurant reasonabley priced.

London
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

I think "Joe Allen's" would fit the bill. It's situated in Exeter Steet, Covent Garden and offers a two course pre-theatre dinner for £15. It's popular with theatre folk and the atmosphere is always buzzy - definitely somewhere a bit different.

san diego...
Level Contributor
594 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

has anyone eaten at le cafe du jardin in covent garden? thinking of there or joe allens

7. Re: Meals around Covent Garden March 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:19