We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to a soccor game

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to a soccor game

My son and husband would love to go to London to see the Tottemhan football team play Does anyone know if there is a fan club or a travel agnecy that would set upip? Or is more coast effective to book flight and hotel and then get tickets

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

When are you coming to London? There are times of year when there are no matches.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

All of the clubs seem to have very informational websites. That is how we got our tickets (though not to see Tottenham. We searched several until we found a date, location and time that were suitable. Most of the sites I visited had at least some info useful for 'out of towners'.

staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

Would like to find something in April I know that the teams do not play in the summer Is it better to jsut get tickets and line hotel and air on my own?

Stratford-Upon-Avon...
Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
468 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

There is no reason why you shouldn't book your own tickets. The club website is full of information about matches, and when tickets go on sale.

You might aim for the Middlesbrough match on April 12th. Or the Bolton game on 26th. The Liverpool match will be a sell-out.

Try to get tickets in the upper tier of the side stands (i.e. not behind the goal), as central as possible. These areas are the least rowdy (I'm referring to good-natured shouting and singing here -there's very little truly intimidating behaviour at matches these days).

Arriving early, by taxi, is another useful tip for the neutral, as public transport can be a little uncomfortable when packed with fans, however good-natured.

Enjoy the match!

hornchurch
Level Contributor
136 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

I'd say you could definitly get tickets for a Tottenham home game yourselves providing it was a game against a less popular side. Matches against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc would be difficult to get.

If you check out www.tottenhamhotspur.com you can look at the fixtures and buy tickets online.

Amy

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

The tricky thing about doing it yourself will be co-ordinating cheapish air tickets with availability of tickets to the match.

Most match tickets only go on sale a few weeks in advance, and by then you might find it hard to get cheap air tickets.

You could pick a weekend that looks like it will have a handful of target games at which ticket availability will be OK, and then book your air tickets and assume you'll be able to get in to one of the games, I suppose.

London
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

Being a spurs (Tottenham, for the unlearned) supporter and club member I would agree with the earlier posting about aiming for the Middlesborough and Bolton games- these are less popular games and so you will have a better chance of getting a ticket.

Here is the link to the ticket website. You will possibly need to register.

https:/…default.aspx

The middlesborough game (April 12th) goes on sale to NON MEMBERS on March 6th 10am

The Bolton game (April 26th) goes on sale to NON MEMBERS on March 13th 10am

If you want to absolutely guarantee you get tickets for these games, you might want to think about the Lilywhite membership- £30 a season- which allows you to buy tickets 10 days earlier, as soon as they're on sale. This would guarantee you get the very best seats available (which I can also advise on)

Hope that helps.

8. Re: Tickets to a soccor game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:16