We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

My husband and I are leaving next Sunday! I can't believe it!

Tonight we were told we can buy a travel card (4 day) that we may use on the tube and busses and all of public transportation.

I went on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/ and I just don't get it. Are there restrictions? Where do I pick up the pass? We are arriving at 8:15am and I am not sure if this is a time when the pass is not useable.

Does anyone know how to get one or what the price is or anything that will help me? I am going nuts trying to get things together!!!

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

I don't know if this has changed in the last year or so but we bought our passes when we we catching the express tube from Heathrow to Victoria Station. I think you can get them at any tube station. If anyone can confirm that would be great.

I also don't recall the price but it was very reasonable.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

That's right---any tube station---buy them at Heathrow tube station when you land.Unless you are buying a one day off peak pass(which you can only use after 0930)you can use your pass at any time.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

Are you flying into LHR? If so, get yourself to the tube station at T1,2,3 (free transfer on the HEX or take a free shuttle bus from T4 to Hatton Cross), and buy a one day pass to start, for only 6GBP, which is good for all zones, and will get you from LHR to your hotel.

The next day, you can buy your three day pass for zones 1 and 2 for only 15GBP - and you don't need to wait until after 0930 to start your trip.

No photocards neede for either Travelcard, and you do indeed get unlimited use of bus, tube, and DLR.

It will all make sense when you get there, promise.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

What TravellerPlus said.

Plus there are no 4 day cards only 1/3/7 day cards.

These are valid for all tube, bus and DLR in the zone you choose (eg. zone 1-2) and should give you a discount on river cruises.

Don't worry, the ticket agents are quite used to visitors being confused and are generally very helpful.

You can buy all your cards at the same time so that you don't have to line up again each day.

If you write down what it is you want to buy you won't be confused when you get there with jet lag.

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me find a tube pass please?? And other questions.

I'd like to echo TP's and Anemone suggestions on tube passes. Buying the passes is no more difficult than purchasing a MetroCard in NYC.

Clerks at the Underground ticket kiosks are very helpful and will get you on your way. They accept currency and credit cards. Also, the printed information, maps, trip planners will ease your anxiety.

So, no worries for you, walk up to the booth, get your Traavelcard and happy tubing.