We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a map available

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is there a map available

Good morning (well here in OZ anyway)

I have the normal tube map for London but I was wondering is there a map available with the tube lines shown as a sort of overlay over the top of the street/attractions tourist map? I have been drawing the tube lines on my tourist map in coloured pens and it has been helpful in my planning but if I could obtain a proper map it might not be so messy.

I am sure if one is available somewhere one of you most helpful TAs will know where to get it.

Thanx

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,768 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a map available

I've seen one - might have been on the Transport for London site (www.tfl.gov.uk).

I don't think its that popular as it can confuse people. Although it can be useful to see where it might be quicker to walk than take the tube....

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a map available

How about: tfl.gov.uk/assets/…central_bus_map.pdf

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a map available

jdbri - beat me to it

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a map available

Now you 2 can find her a *tube* map.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a map available

No, you 2 are right and I'm wrong. That's a tube map as well. Apologies.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a map available

This one shows the street layout as it actually is, with the tube lines drawn over. The lines for the tube are fairly thin, but readable.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/Central-London-D…

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a map available

I think most tourist maps show tube stations and major attractions.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a map available

Thank you webspinner. I downloaded & printed it - now I need to find my glasses to read it. I think I will stick to my messy but easier to see one.

I knew some TAs could help me. Thanx..

9. Re: Is there a map available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 15:20