We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holly - its HOT here...

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
holly - its HOT here...

its going to be like 86-87 today and 90 tomm!!!

phooey!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holly - its HOT here...

Allen, hope your getting over the jet lag and enjoying London Town.

Funny, today on the school run I saw three people walking with umbrellas to shade them and it immediately reminded me of the ladies you see in the Caribbean with theirs walking around!!! If coming from the states, bring your own suncreen as you may find it expensive here...unless Boots are doing a two for one offer. There's a good product in Boots actually called "MAGICOOL" about 4GBP it's like air con in a can.....spray on face etc and it stop's you breaking out in that horrible sweat ;)....

detroit
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holly - its HOT here...

The underground must be unbearable today, then. It seemed like it was at least 15 degrees (fahrenheit) higher near the trains.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holly - its HOT here...

i went on several lines today - victoria line seemed to have the most breeze when the train was moving - northern line was death :)

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
972 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holly - its HOT here...

Yes, but be prepared for the upcoming weather change. Although the rain predictions change daily, the temperature forecast has been fairly consistent. 80s thru Thursday, around 80 with some thnder/showers on Friday, falling to the 70s on Saturday and 60s for Sunday thru next Tuesday. I think the rain chances will continue to be hit and miss over the weekend, but it should get quite a bit cooler to start next week.

Go to weather.co.uk and/or bbc.co.uk, then click on London links.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holly - its HOT here...

Allen, sorry. "They" obviously didn't know about our weather agreement, eh?

Yeah, I've been watching the 10 day weather forecast for when I arrive. And it keeps changing, rain- sunny and warm - thunderstorms. I guess I won't know til I arrive what to expect.

Lara, That magicool sounds really great! I get hot very easily, so that might be a product I need to go in search of.

Oceano, California
Level Contributor
604 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holly - its HOT here...

Wow! That's even warmner than where I am in California today. I would hate to be on the underground!

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holly - its HOT here...

rumrunner,

I don't think we could have asked for a nicer summer so far. Hardly any fog yet up here...same for you?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,631 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holly - its HOT here...

Just a warning about buses in this hot weather. I was on the top deck of a number 15 this afternoon and it made the tube seem bearable!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: holly - its HOT here...

both nights i have been here have been not bad - a nice breeze - about 10 degrees too warm but not horrible

i did the big bus today and it was hot -- i brought my hat this time and so my head didnt get burned!

i got a hair cut in the euston station - they vacuum your head at the end to get the hair off :)

i think tomm i will go to walthamow market and greenwich - then mamma mia at night

London
Level Contributor
796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: holly - its HOT here...

The Malibu brand of sunscreen is really cheap in Superdrug, less than 4 GBP a bottle.