We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

I have been looking on this forum but I am having trouble finding a hotel or b&b preferably atleast 4 star including breakfast within a short walking distance to the tower. I'm not worried about the cost we will be in london for only a few days.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

The Apex City of London is less than a 5 minute walk to the Tower.

www.apexhotels.co.uk/hotels/city-of-london/

A little bit further away at London Bridge is the London Bridge hotel and this would be about a 15 minute walk to the Tower

http://www.thelondonbridgehotel.co.uk/

or there's always the Hilton Tower Bridge which is about a 10 minute walk.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/towerbridge

The last 2 are on the south of the Thames so you'll have a walk over Tower Bridge each day to get to the Tower.

I'm not sure if breakfast is included in the room rates but, if not, there are plenty of places around these hotels where you could get breakfast.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

I stayed in the Tower Thistle

Does anyone know if its still there ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

Is there a reason you'd like to stay near the Tower? If you're planning to be in London at the weekend, you'll find the area very much quieter than during the week, although if youre willing to travel a bit there are some rather good options.

Have a look at the Apex City of London on Seething Lane; the Purple Hotel (formerly Sleep Inn on Prescot Street), or the Comfort Hotel Tower of London.

Moving south of the Thames, there are two Premier Inns, one near Southwark and one near London Bridge station. There is a newish Hilton near Tower Bridge that's been rated on the forum and is worth a look.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

We have stayed twice at the Thistle Tower which is now part of the Guoman Group. Had a great time and highly recommend it. Great views of the river, easy walk fromm the Tower and best of all, the best pizza in London is at the Dickens Inn which is at St. Katherines dock. Also, the Lopndon walks Ripper tours start nearby at Tower Hill. Really a nice area/place to stay.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

Of course, if cost isn't an issue then how about the Threadneedles hotel. Slightly further away from the Tower but at a brisk pace could be walked in 15 minutes.

www.theetoncollection.com/content.aspx…

London, UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

If cost isn't an issue, I would avoid the Thistle/Guoman. It is a dirty worn-out dark place with average service. The Grange City Hotel is a two-minute walk to Tower Bridge Station, which is just across the street from The Tower. It is a recent 5-star where most visiting business executives stay when working in "The City".

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,898 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

I can recommend the Apex from personal experience. (If you would like more detail PM me).

Reading/London UK
Level Contributor
955 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

the Tower is close to my office, and I book clients in the surrounding hotels all the time.

Most have already been listed:

Grange City

Apex

Guoman Tower (get very mixed reviews for this one!)

Chamberlain

Of those, the Grange is the 'nicest' - and usually most expensive.

10 min walk from the Tower are the other hotels I use, Threadneedles, Andaz (used to be Great Eastern), and Club Quarters.

9. Re: Hotel with short walk to The Tower of London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 20:20