We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatreland Walking Tours

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Theatreland Walking Tours

Love the theatre and at a loose end on a Sunday?

Then why not treat yourself and come along to one of our Theatreland Walking Tours.

To celebrate the centenary of the Society of London Theatre, Blue Badge Guide Diane Burstein will be leading a new Theatreland Walking Tour on the theme of "100 Years of London Theatre". Trace Theatreland's history and learn about personalities who have shaped theatre in the past one hundred years, from Charles Wyndham who founded the Society, to Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh.

The tour starts at 14:30 outside the Criterion Theatre, Piccadilly Circus. For more information or to book your place, please call the Society of London Theatre reception on 020 7557 6700 or e-mail walkingtours@solttma.co.uk

Theatreland Walking Tours are scheduled for Sunday 27 April, 25 May, 29 June, 27 July, 31 August, 28 September and 19 October.

The tour costs £7.50 per person and places are limited. Please be aware that a minimum of 12 people are required to ensure the tour goes ahead. We ask that payment is made in advance to secure your booking.

London
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Free advertising on TA. Wonderful.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

>> Free advertising on TA. Wonderful. <<

What are you on about ? Most of the posts on TA are free advertising for something whether it is a restaurant, hotel or walking tours.

I hope you are not suggesting that I have some sort of vested interest in promoting The Society Of London Theatre and their official walking tours !

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

What else are we supposwed to infer when you refer to "our" Theatreland Walking Tours? Surely you wouldn't posting other peoples words as your own?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Ron,

I think all that Mr C has done is copy and paste the text from the SOLT's website - see link below:

www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tours/walk

If you look at the link above, you will see that the wording matches Mr C's thread. IMO, the worst he can be accused of is laziness in not putting his own wording in the thread. Many of us on here recommend tours, events, activites, walks etc. as we believe they would interest visitors to London and not because we have a vested interest.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Well, Mick, perhaps a bit more than just laziness. TA's posting guideline 7 states "No posting copyrighted material". And the SOLT site's Terms & Conditions does assert their copyright of all material on their site; quoting "The content and information displayed on this website is for your personal use only and any use without SOLT's permission is prohibited".

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Actually I posted it from an e-mail I received from SOLT. I could not find it on their web site. I am sure they are not going to sue me for promoting their events.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

The mail also had a link to "Forward to a friend" so they obviously wanted lots of people to know !!!!!

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Thanks for the information Mr C, looks really interesting.

I'm not sure why people object to you letting us all in on your e-mail.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

Thanks for the info MrC - another thing has been added to the never-ending list.

Mez :)

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theatreland Walking Tours

JBart writes, "I'm not sure why people object to you letting us all in on your e-mail."

JBart, do you really think that Trip Advisor would be a better place if we all started forwarding information from our travel-related e-mails here? Would you like to see the ones I got from the National Theatre, the Barbican Centre, What's on Stage, HF Holidays, Elderhostels, Ramblers Holidays and TravelZoo within the past two days?

It is perfectly appropriate for Mr C to pass on this information if someone asks about theatre tours. It would be ok to pass it on if this were a new and unique offering. In both cases, with a brief statement and a website. The SOLT Theatreland Tours have been running for years and I probably would have taken one in the mid-90s if it wasn't for their preregistration requirement and if the Edward Petherbridge tour had not been available.

So, I question a cut and paste posting about a long-standing offering, largely because of the precedent it sets.