We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bangkok
11 posts
Save Topic
Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Please advise those place is worth to see or not???

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

I think 4-5 hours would be fine. You could do less if you wanted. It's probably 35-40 mins train journey from London Waterloo then you are right there. There's lots of lovely cafes and delis you can hang out at - lovely to walk along the river and of course there is Hampton Court itself.

12. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2008, 05:46
Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Are you interested in Shakespeare, sitee ? If you are, then you should combine your trip to Stratford with a visit to a Royal Shakespeare Company production in the theatre in that town.

Kew is a wondrous place. I love the large glass pavilions where you can experience tropical temperatures and walk amongst some of the most colourful and luxuriant trees and flowers in the world. Definitely a must see if you have any interest in plants and flowers.

Nevwr been to Hampton Court, however.

Maryland
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

In answer to the person who asked if 4-5 hours is enough for Hampton Court Palace--yes, that should be plenty if you're alloting that whole time period for the palace itself. I was there 4 hours and did see most of the areas of the palace, but as I said, not the gardens. (I was too tired and it was cold.) I also didn't spend as long in the gift shop as I normally would--and there are about 4 of those.

So if you're going when it's warmer and you like gardens (and want to see the famous Maze), factor that in. Also, they are doing reconstruction on what must be a clock tower at the front of the palace, and in a few other places, but it doesn't detract (except you don't see the tower & clock on this visit if you go in next few months, I imagine). I was rushing to make a train back to London but as I said, I did see a LOT although eventually I started moving through the rooms faster...there's much to see. I believe the Tudor kitchens are the largest anywhere of this type.

One more thing...you arrive at the train station, and then can either walk over the bridge and up to the entrance (not far), seeing the Palace from the bridge on the river, or a small bus comes every so often to drive you there if you want to save your feet/legs etc.

Thanks to the poster who like my contribution--if you go I hope you enjoy it!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Hi sitee,

A worth while visit to Hampton Court? Absolutely! We were there last year and spent a wonderful 4-5 hours seeing the palace. We could not see everything within that time period, but we certainly saw everything that we wanted to see, and managed to have enough time walk in the lovely gardens. It is by far my favorite Palace!

I have not had the pleasure to see Kew, but I did get a chance to get to Stratford as well. Yes, it is a worthwhile visit if your are a fan of Shakespeare. We loved Ann Hathaway's home, with it's lovely garden, and saw Shakespeare's birthplace, which was excellent as well! If you do make it up to Stratford, I belive Warwick Castle is relatively close by, as apparently a worthwhile visit. I didn't get the chance to make it there, but have it on my list for my next visit.

Surrey
Level Contributor
699 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Hampton Court is worth visiting. However please be aware that the Hampton Court Flower Show is on the second week of July and is very very crowded.

The flower show may, of course, be an attraction to you in itself.

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

I consider Hampton Court an absolute must-see on many levels. Certainly historically and architecturally. It is also beautiful, interesting and our guide was knowledgeable and friendly. The gardens are also spectacular and historical as well.

Read up on its history just a bit before you go and you will find it even more special. The original Tudor portion of the palace was built for Cardinal Wolsey and there is one section of the tour that shows you an interior wall that looks as it did when Wolsey lived there. Henry VIII fancied it so much, he "asked" Wolsey for it--who generously "gave" it to him!

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

This may not be the appropriate spot for this, but am I imagining an outbreak of rudeness on this forum as of late? I have been frequenting it for almost three years and I have never seen such boorish behavior! The post that was removed was uncalled for as were the entire tone of the thread posted under the Ritz Dinner Dance. Wow. I hope it gets nicer again :-)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

Britlitteacher, yes, there seems to be a lack of friendliness and helpness lately. Also some posters seems to be starting threads just to call attention to themselves.

If you can't answer in a polite manner, don't answer. And, rather than just saying, "Get a guide book" make a recommendation for a useful guidebook.

20. Re: Hampton court ,Stratford upon avon ,Kew Garden-Worth to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 20:20