We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking

What's the deal w/ smoking in london?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the non-smoking in pubs, or just in general. Many pubs having outside smoking areas.

London
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking

Absolutely no smoking in public places anywhere unless outdoors.....wonderful.

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

No smoking at all indoors, so no smoking in restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, museums, trains, busses, taxis, etc. You can smoke outside as much as you like.

Blois, France
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

link with all the details-

smokefreeengland.co.uk/what-do-i-do/quick-gu…

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking

Just for mind numbing clarity these rules apply everywhere not just London

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking

Interestingly, it's also technically illegal to smoke under many London bus shelters, because they are more than 50 per cent enclosed. This makes me very happy. What makes me less than happy is all the cigarette litter everyone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking

The deal is that now there is ban on smoking in pubs, you no longer have the choice to avoid passively smoking - every café, office, pub doorway has a cluster of smokers generating a haze you have to walk through, and ankle-deep piles of fag ends.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking

Kind of backfired on the anti-smoking lobby really. They didn't think it through!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking

Id rather the haze of smoke and piles of fags are outside like they are now which you only walk through, and not inside for hours like they used to be!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking

Oh yes, what a mistake they made by banning smoking. Now instead of having to sit in a pub all night for hours on end putting up with all the smokers we now have to spend all of 5 seconds walking past the smoke as the smokers stand by the door.

So, the choice is, sit in a pub for hours surrounded by smokers or spend 5 seconds walking past them as they stand around the door. So hours of inhaling smoke v. 5 seconds of inhaling smoke. It's a tough choice isn't it?